Recent pictures of 9A cabin?

spazzyjanet

I am trying to convince some friends to book corner aft 9A cabins on an upcoming cruise (our 4th, their first). There are two available still on the same deck and it would be really cool if we had one and they the other.

Does anyone have any recent pictures that they can share of the cabin and the balcony? Thanks!

Sorry, one more question to add. The booking website says that 9A's on the Dream get priority boarding and the same spa privileges as the spa deck cabins. Is this true? If so, this is also a major deciding point, but I would hate to book counting on this and then have it not be the case.

These are from the Splendor taken last November, #6485. I would choose this room over a suite any day of the week. This particular room was very quiet and so private. I would have to think that the Dream would have very similar rooms to this. We are three when we sail the Dream next April, and the 9A rooms are only for two. Bummer!

You do not get VIP, nor do you get Spa amentities. Enjoy your cruise!

Sorry, one more question to add. The booking website says that 9A's on the Dream get priority boarding and the same spa privileges as the spa deck cabins. Is this true? If so, this is also a major deciding point, but I would hate to book counting on this and then have it not be the case.

spazzyjanet,

We've had several 9A cabins on Conquest class ships and they do not come with priority boarding. Splendor is the only current class that has spa deck privileges and I haven't heard of those privileges being extended to any cabins other than spa.

We have a 9A booked on Dream for next April and Spa privileges would be nice, but we'll already have priority boarding by being Platinum.

Wow, those are some wonderful pictures, Bonnie!!

Hey Don! This was my favorite cabin EVER! My DH does not like cruising, even with this fabulous space. Guess I have to stick to cruising with sisters and cousins. Hope you are well.

My recent pictures are of 6450 on the Splendor, so they're just the mirror image of what was posted above. ;)

9As definitely don't get priority boarding, and I haven't seen anything about the Dream to indicate they're extending spa benefits to them.

And I can't believe there's no 9As for 3 on the Dream, either!!

My recent pictures are of 6450 on the Splendor, so they're just the mirror image of what was posted above. ;)

9As definitely don't get priority boarding, and I haven't seen anything about the Dream to indicate they're extending spa benefits to them.

And I can't believe there's no 9As for 3 on the Dream, either!!

Did I read somewhere that you found your specific room to be noisy? Ours was completely quiet. And I too am sorry those 9As are only for two. I think the room was plenty big for three; there must be a reason, but I don't get it.

Did I read somewhere that you found your specific room to be noisy? Ours was completely quiet. And I too am sorry those 9As are only for two. I think the room was plenty big for three; there must be a reason, but I don't get it.

Yeah, it was horrible. I was usually always up, but it was no big deal, but when DH would go to bed early with DS, they had a hard time going to sleep because of it. The stage in the lounge is portside, so we figured out that only that side of the aft have noise problems. Thankfully we're on the other side for the Victory!

And our cabin was plenty roomy for 3. We didn't have a couch since it was made up for DS all week, but we're used to not having one between other 9A cabins and the Ecstasy, so we never missed it.

Thanks for all of the great replies and pictures! This board is always very quick with helpful responses. I will have to check with Carnival on the boarding/spa issue. Travelocity indicates that this comes with 9A cabins when you go to fake book, but that might be incorrect.

Thanks for all of the great replies and pictures! This board is always very quick with helpful responses. I will have to check with Carnival on the boarding/spa issue. Travelocity indicates that this comes with 9A cabins when you go to fake book, but that might be incorrect.

Trust us.....it's incorrect.

We have had 9a's booked on the Splendor and Freedom and loved them.

We were booking our next cruise on the Dream and were set to book another 9a until we saw 2 cabins on Vista deck that are category 8b and have a huge wrap balcony.

Same balcony and a few hundred$$ cheaper sounds like a great deal. I just wonder if I got a great deal, or am I missing something?

Thanks for posting your photos. I'm trying to talk my girlfriends into booking room 6485, but one of is concerned about rocking and vibrations. Do you think those prone to seasickness would feel extra rocking on the aft?

We're going to Mexico in August. Can't wait! This is actually my first cruise.

Thanks for posting your photos. I'm trying to talk my girlfriends into booking room 6485, but one of is concerned about rocking and vibrations. Do you think those prone to seasickness would feel extra rocking on the aft?

We're going to Mexico in August. Can't wait! This is actually my first cruise.

We noticed no vibrations and also noticed that on the aft, the ship seemed to move from side to side when the seas were rough...and we had VERY rough seas. For me, the movement in the front of the ship is much more disturbing. My DH gets very seasick, but with Bonine and ginger, he never was sick for a moment. That cabin is so fabulous, and the balcony so decadent, please treat yourself to staying in it. I would take that 9A over a Cat 12 suite every day.

Archived