Time question. If it is 12 noon in CDT (Central) what time is it in...

ShipOFools

Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway?:confused: Going in 3 weeks and our family was wondering about our body clocks for the excursions for touring and sleeping in the Summer months of Alaska. Are they similar to Seattle or another zone?:cool:

I just got off the Star Princess for our first cruise. Waiting at the airport to go home o:(

Same itinerary as you. You're gonna love it. Alaska time is 3 hours behind CST.

Thanks. After I posted I went to the Skagway chamber of commerce site and they had the time of day on it. I also thought posting the question might help another trip planner like our family be conscious of scheduling especially with kids...

We actually have our own time zone - Right now it's ADT - Alaska Daylight Time then in November we switch to AST - Alaska Standard Time and we're an hour behind Pacific, two behind Mountain and so on.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Those of us who are OLD timers remember when Anchorage and most of Alaska was in an even further behind time zone. I can't remember when the switch happened. 1970's???

Had to be sometime after 1988 because when I changed jobs the chief was in Juneau and Juneau still was on Seattle time so it was quite interesting with having the chief at work an hour earlier than us and went home an hour before us.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway?:confused: Going in 3 weeks and our family was wondering about our body clocks for the excursions for touring and sleeping in the Summer months of Alaska. Are they similar to Seattle or another zone?:cool:

So your answer is "if it's noon central time", it's 9:00 AM in Alaska. We left Seattle on a Saturday and on Sunday night we had to set our clocks back an hour for Alaska time.

Archived