Luggage and liquor question

gazoo_

There are some recommendations on the FAQ on the Carnival site that you should bring luggage that's 16"h x 24"w x 30" - is that so they will fit under the bed (how much space is under there)? We pack heavy so I was wondering if that is a strict requirement and if there's space to store the empty luggage. We have a balcony room.

Ok, now for the booze question:

I know it says that each passenger can bring a 750ml of liquor..does that mean we can bring one for each of us + one for my daughter (who is 8)? Of course she won't be drinking, but I was wondering if she would count as a third person?

Also, where do we put these bottles and where do we declare it? In the checked luggage? Carry on?

Thank you,

Not sure about the first qestion but if your luggage will not fit under the bed you can put it in the closet or in a corner.

As far as bringing booze on Ummm, you cannot legally.. One bottle of wine yes but only for passengers over 21.

If you want to bring booze onboard search smuggling.

Thanks. I was more after the whole procedure on how to prove to the cruise authorities that we have our limit of alcohol with..does it happen at customs, at the ship, etc.

As for the 750ml per person limit, I figured they wouldn't let me count a minor, but hey that would be cool if they would.

Ok getting on the ship I smuggle in my carried on luggage, I bring a few bottles of whatever I like do not hand carry on! pack it well meaning use plastic containiers like water bottles or rum runner flasks. Getting off the ship I usually carry off 4 bottles in my luggage or carry off items and have had no problems.

Put it in your checked luggage. Near the center and in a ziplock type bag for good measure. ;)

No need to declare unless you buy and excessive amount and then only on debark for customs purposes.

Never had a problem myself........:cool:

3653829035_9b334067b8.jpg

On our last cruise in March, we brought on 2- 28" suitcases (28"H x 19"W x 12-1/2"D) and (1) 25" suitcase (24-1/2"H x 16-3/4"W x 11-1/2"D) and they fit perfectly under the bed.

As far as wine.......I purchased 3 large bottles (1.5 L) of Beringer White Zin at the Publix Grocery Store the night before sailing. I also purchased one of their reusuable liquor bags and carried the bag with the wine & some snacks onto the ship (Miracle). Not one person questioned the extra wine bottle or it's size.

Karen

Big D-was that all for one person for one 4 day cruise?

How did you not even break one bottle?

I have hope that I too can get a few bottles on the ship.

thanks

OH MY NO!!!:eek: It was a 5 day! ;)

Actually it was DW and I, and My DD and a friend of hers in another cabin. There were 21 in our group. And they all had their own. BUT for the record... MY S&S account was still $850.00+

Archived