Carnival Valor food recommendations?

Everything you can get your hands on ! ! ! I didn't have a single thing I didn't like. OOPS... except the pizza. Had absolutely no flavor to it what-so-ever. Everything else was excellent.

The supper club was more than worth the extra money. A very special dining experience. Not rushed like in the main dining room. Sometimes we felt like there was a third seating waiting to come into the main dining room.

I guess if bad pizza is my only complaint they must be doing something right.

Have fun.

lobster and prime rib. yummy :D

escargot if you're feeling adventurous, shrimp cocktails with every dinner, grilled reuben from the ny deli, blt from room service, and the veggie sticks for an in-room snack. try for sushi between about 5-8.15 each night, and check out the supper club if you're up to it.

I'm am really suprise that no one suggested the 'chocolate melting cake', I never cruised so I cant recommend anything but from reading the boards it seems to be the dessert of choice :)

being from the caribbean 'I luv me some fruits' :D

Since this is your first cruise, you should try something new each night.

We have young daughters and on every cruise they must try something they have never had before. It is amazing when they realize they actually like something other than mac and cheese. They now are addicted to Calamari!

Relax and enjoy...oh, and take the stairs to and fro...it will help keep those extra pounds off from trying everything! :p

Yes, the chocolate melting cake is my favorite, and worth every calorie. The soups in the dining room are also very good. Know that you can order as many things as you want just to taste them. We usually order at least one appetizer (sometimes 2), a soup, and a main course. When we sailed on valor in March there was a delicious Indian entree in the dining room on one of the first few nights-thought it was very yummy.

Others have said they didn't care for the pizza, but if you like goat cheese and mushrooms, try that variety as we loved it.

The sushi is on deck 5 and is FREE between 5 and 8 each day. We ate at the late seating (which I highly recommend) so we had sushi for a snack around 5.

The other great secret is the fish and chips station on the second floor of Rosie's. Not many people realize it is there or the first few days. They have battered fish (which is just OK), but they also have a variety of other fresh seafood options that are delicious and a healthy alternative to some of the heavier lunch offerings. If you like seafood, check out fish and chips.

By the pool there is another buffet with burgers, fries, nachos, and chicken fingers, another good late afternoon snack, especially for kids.

Enjoy your cruise-we LOVED the Valor, and be sure to walk as much as possible and avoid taking the elevator so you can work off all the extra stuff you eat!

Loved everything we tried! The only exception is that I have never liked anchoives(?) and I could really detect the taste on my Caesar(?) salad. I made sure that I did not order it again. Everything was delicious otherwise.

Fantastic....thanks so much to everyone for their input! It all sounds so heavenly!lol I had heard alot about the chocolate melting cake but not much about anything else, thus the reason for posting this thread. I had heard a touch about the pizza but what I'm wondering is, is it not like a typical pizza place?...meaning, it seems to have alot of 'different' tops, etc. I had heard that the fish n chips place was kinda hidden and not very crowded but def worth trying.

I am so looking forward to the Valor. From what I have gathered this is quite a wonderful ship.

Thanks again all...I hate to rush the summer but September can't come fast enough!

The sweet and sour shrimps and the prime rib are two of my favorites. I also like the french onion soup and the salad they serve that comes with the fried cheese ( the name escapes me ). The rueben sandwiches in the deli as others have mentioned. I also like the chocolate melting cake and I think it was called bitters and blanc? I really have never had anything that wasn't good, just some things that I didn't like as much as others.

to add to everything else. i have been on 11 ccl cruises and i love the pizza. i will be on the valor next week and i will let you know about them. i like the grand mariner desert too it is a souflee. dont forget to put your breakfast room service card out at night and they will bring it to your room at the assigned time. the deli sandwiches are great and the soft serve ice cream cones are availabler 24 hours.

Archived