Am I Stupid???? Am I missing something or is Carnival ripping me off in NY????

sogamusicman

I posted this in the Carnival board, but thought someone here could help, as well. My dw and I are cruising out of NY next week. I booked pre and post transport from the airport through Carnival. They charged $80 per person roundtrip. I discovered they are using Airlink for this. I went to the Airlink website and found the same thing for $44 per person. Am I missing something or is Carnival ripping me off???? Do you recommend I cancel through Carnival and book directly with Airlink? FYI, we've never worried about this before - we normally drive to ports. this time we're flying in.....

I posted this in the Carnival board, but thought someone here could help, as well. My dw and I are cruising out of NY next week. I booked pre and post transport from the airport through Carnival. They charged $80 per person roundtrip. I discovered they are using Airlink for this. I went to the Airlink website and found the same thing for $44 per person. Am I missing something or is Carnival ripping me off???? Do you recommend I cancel through Carnival and book directly with Airlink? FYI, we've never worried about this before - we normally drive to ports. this time we're flying in.....

Carnival is not ripping you off. They are making their PROFIT, as is duly noted in their cruise contract. Please see section 10. And please note that Carnival is NOT responsible if your transport DOES NOT show up, breaks down or in some way has a problem and you miss the ship. Same provisions as cruise air. The cruise lines book hotels, ground transport, shore excursions and air as a CONVENIENCE to their passengers. They make a profit and have NO responsibility or liability. Generally, cruise line booked "extras" are NOT a good deal.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

IF you can get your money back, I think you know what the answer is. MAKE SURE you have your own transport at a fixed price BEFORE you cancel the Carnival transfer Good luck!!!

Archived