Can't decide

nomie

Right now I am booked on the 10 day Sun Princess to the southern caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale for next Nov 28. Then I saw a great deal on RCI for a 12 day repositioning cruise out of Boston to the southern caribbean for Nov 1. The second deal saves us money on air fare and hotel and gives us 2 extra days for less money BUT it is out of Boston in Nov and I worry about the weather and rough seas. I do get sea sick if there is a lot of motion. The Sun offers more ports that we have not been. I have been on 3 Princess cruises and 1 NCL which I did not like. Has anyone been on the Jewel of the Seas and a Sun Class Princess ship? If so which one did you like better? This is a hard choice because both sound so good but right now the RCI is a much better deal price wise. I am also wondering if the price on the sun will come down. Another strange thing is that the Jewel is just about sold out 11 months before sailing and many of the people are not from the Boston area like I am. I am going to post on the RCI board also and see what they say. I forgot to say that I am also booked on the Jewel and must decide although I do have time.

Jewel will be bigger, and newer. jewel has large open spaces, while the sun will have small more intimate areas. They are both gorgeous ships. The jewel will also have more options for the athletic bunch. Depending on whether you want a small (Sun), or big ship feel (Jewel). The Jewel will have a huge, almost overwhelming WOW effect. Me, I like the princess experience better (a bit classier, IMO). I feel RCI ships can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable. (But, by no means am I saying that the jewel is uncomfortable - also the jewel has more glass than any other ship afloat, and even elevators facing the sea)

Good luck on your choice (you will have a good time on either ship!)

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask:D

happy cruising, and Happy holidays

Cruzinj

Nomie:

The Jewell is a Radiance class ship and I have been on the Brilliance, another Radiance class ship. It was a wonderful ship. It is actually more elegant than the Caribbean Princess which we were both on in November. You asked about food and to tell you the truth, I thought the food on Princess was 50% better than on RC.........not that RC was BAD, Princess was just better. I have never had a bad cruise on RC............as far as ship is concerned.........if you liked the Caribbean Princess you will like the Jewell........and there is more public space and you won't feel as crowded...........

Good luck with your decision.

Jim

Another consideration is wheather you need or use a walker/wheelchair. If so, I would recommend the newer Jewel of the Seas. I like Princess, but the older the ship the harder it is to get around. I was on the Dawn, sister of the Sun, it only had one automatic door to the deck. The new ships all have very good H/C touches.

Archived