sorry to be vulgar

saidia

My appologies to the sensitive among you but how much do we tip? My 2 previous cruises had gratuities included but we left extra for our steward and of course the metrade (sorry to the French, don't think that's how you spell it).:o

Have been advised by a friend that £3.00 per person per night is acceptable. We are travelling with 2 teenage children on a 14 night cruise it two staterooms. Are the gratuities paid directly in cash or do you add them to your charges.:confused: Would appreciate some helpful advise.

It may have changed recently but earlier this year the recommended amounts were £1.50 per person per day to your cabin steward and £1.60 per person per day to your waiters (assuming club dining, if freestyle then I think it gets added to your onboard account automatically). I think this applied to all passengers over the age of 12. This is normally given as cash in envelopes on the last night of the holiday.

My appologies to the sensitive among you but how much do we tip? My 2 previous cruises had gratuities included but we left extra for our steward and of course the metrade (sorry to the French, don't think that's how you spell it).:o

maître d' - short for maître d'hôtel :D

I too will have start looking at adding in tips as like yourself previous cruises have been inclusive but I'ev always left some for the cabin Steward and the restaurants had a central tip box. (Do P&O also have that?)

As Ken says up until recently it was £1:50 per person over 12 years for cabin stewards and £1:60 per person for restaurant waiters. If you are on Ventura or Oceana and booked on Freedom Dining then the waiters portion will automatically be added to your onboard account.

There have been some reports coming through recently that the recommended amount may have increased to a total of £3:75 per person per day but only in very recent weeks.

There will be a guide in your cabin called 'Who to Tip, How Much and When' this will either be in the desk tidy/cabin guide or will be delivered at some point during the cruise and will be left somewhere strategically placed for your attention - often with a number of envelopes ready for filling.

Usually tips are paid to waiters at dinner on the last night onboard and to the steward either as you go to dinner that night or as you disembark in the morning.

Hope this info helps,

Feebee_71 :)

maître d' - short for maître d'hôtel :D

I too will have start looking at adding in tips as like yourself previous cruises have been inclusive but I'ev always left some for the cabin Steward and the restaurants had a central tip box. (Do P&O also have that?)

There will be a tip box in the buffet restaurant to allow you to tip the staff there if you wish. On Oceana there was also one in Cafe Jardin and as we had many meals in there we put a tip in for the excellent staff.

Eddie

Archived