Suggestions on Sweet Sixteen Cruise?

mandms40

My daughter will turn 16 next year and she wants a cruise for her birthday, we are wanting to start the planning now, she is thinking either E. Caribbean or Panama. Plz tell me your favorite and what you think she will love, her birthday is Sept. 27th but doesnt want to go until Dec. 2010 or Jan. 2011, Hurricanes you know!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sandy

This is so ironic; I am also checking into a Sweet Sixteen Cruise for our daughter in January.

This will be her 6th cruise and I'm looking at options to having a Sweet Sixteen party.

The last time we cruised for her birthday we were able to get a super deal on an older ship, so maybe I will check into Carnival again.

We are leaving Thursday out of NY for our Canadian cruise for our youngest 7th bd.

Took mine two years ago went on the Legend going to Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Belize, and Roataan. I do not think she was really worried about where just happy we were on a cruise with a balcony for the week! Of course we did have to plan it so it did not go down on her birhtday due to school.:)

Our daughter turns 16 in March 2011....I am looking at 5 day cruises out of New Orleans or Mobile. My only worry is taking her out of school for those days. BUt....you only turn 16 once!! I want to suprise her.....we liked Mexico last year so we may do something like that again.

Good luck,

sandi

Your post brings back alot of memories. I took my daughter on a cruise for her sweet 16 (her b-day was Sept 26th) and we did have hurricane problem. Flight cancelled, hotel evacuated, ship delayed a day, and missed ports. However, we still had a great time.

I would do the eastern or southern cruise. It seems like there alot more excursions and the islands are beautifull.

My daughter chose a cruise instead of a big party. Her birthday is in July, she will be taking summer college classes that month, we chose to go the end of August. Originally I offered her to invite three friends, figuring that I could sleep 4 girls in a cabin & take an adult with me in a connecting cabin. She decided she only wanted to take one best friend and we are making this a sweet 16 girls getaway with her aunt joining me.

I paid for the entire cruise with airfare, upgraded to connecting balcony cabins, added the soda package (wine package for us) & a dolphin excursion for the girls. We will also go to the spa. Her cabin will be decorated when she arrives, with strawberries waiting for sailaway. We plan on going to a specialty restaurant, but the girls want to see the teen club schedule before making a reservation.

This cruise is still cheaper that what it would have cost for a big sweet 16 party. They chose the Western Caribbean as they wanted to go to Grand Cayman & Cozumel. We leave in 59 days and we are all very excited.

She will have a pool party the weekend of her actual birthday so she can celebrate with friends and family. After attending so many sweet sixteens this year already, she is tired of the normal four hour catering hall party & looks forward to her memorable birthday. My husband is looking forward to a week of quiet (he will miss us) :o

My daughter turns 16 on the last day of our cruise in December. For some insane reason she still has hopes that she is going to wake up on her birthday morning, disembark and find a shiny new car for her at the pier. We will have a 2 hour drive home from the port - should be interesting with the drama queen in the back seat pouting.

Should I order a cake on the ship for the night before? Or do you think they'll have something at the Club O2 to celebrate?

This is just Mommy and my princess. Looking forward to quality time with my daughter as she slips further away from me. It's sad as I am a single mom and she is my middle child between two boys! Still want my little girl...but....

I know she will make friends quickly on the ship and spend a lot of time with them, but the 4 port days are for us! I am cramming all the things she wants to do into the ports...in case this is the last time she wants to travel with me. We are swimming with Stingrays AND Dolphins, ATV riding, cave tubing, zip lining and getting beach massages! All I could do.

Have a great trip...we are so looking for to our trip!

Aloha,

Kat

We have our daughter's sweet 16 coming up the day after we come home. I've already ordered a cake to be served, and i'm trying to figure out some other special things to make it a memorable week for her.

She wanted a big party, but it was the party or the cruise - couldn't do both! Her friends won't be with her, but she can celebrate with her close friends the following weekend. Anyway.. none of her friends got to turn 16 on a cruise - it should be memorable!

Though at this age....it's sometimes hard to consider her a "princess". I am just thrilled that she wants to spend this time with me and plan on enjoying every minute!

Much aloha,

Kat

I have 2 daughters. The 'baby' is now 21 and the oldest will be 24 on July 2nd.

They will always be my Princesses....no matter how old they get.

I'm thrilled your DD wants to spend time with you. Having a great relationship with a daughter is such a blessing. :)

I hope all of you have wonderful Sweet 16 cruises with your girls.

I'll be cruising with both of mine in August. I can't wait!!

We have our daughter's sweet 16 coming up the day after we come home. I've already ordered a cake to be served, and i'm trying to figure out some other special things to make it a memorable week for her.

She wanted a big party, but it was the party or the cruise - couldn't do both! Her friends won't be with her, but she can celebrate with her close friends the following weekend. Anyway.. none of her friends got to turn 16 on a cruise - it should be memorable!

I treated my daughter to the spa and a up-do on her birthday. I also bought her a formal gown and had it laying on the bed as a suprise when she came back to get dressed. She had been wanting this dress but we had already bought her a couple other dresses and I had told her that it was too expensive.

Though at this age....it's sometimes hard to consider her a "princess". I am just thrilled that she wants to spend this time with me and plan on enjoying every minute!

Much aloha,

Kat

My DD is 17 and hates it when I refer to her as "Princess" (usually when she is having one of her DIVA moments :()

I tell her she can't help it its in her blood . Her mother is "The Queen" and her grandmother is "The Dowager Empress " *LOL*

My DD enjoyed her cruise last year, but she wasn't crazy about it. Different strokes for different folks I guess .

She wanted the big party with all her friends and family when she turned 16 so thats what we did.

Archived