Excursion:Pompei/sorrento/positano OR Pompei-Positano-Amalfi & Ravello?

Cruisergang

Pompei - Sorrento - Positano

or

Pompei -Positano - Amalfi - Ravello

we are consider a one of two tours with Sorrento Silverstar and don't know which one to choose. anyone have any suggestions on which one they think might be better? we will be traveling with husband and 3 teenagers. wondering if the one with four stops will be that much more driving and less stopping. Has anyone done any of these and if so can you tell me a little bit about each? and some highlights of each? Thanks so much! We are leaving this Friday, June 26th!

I have to agree, Romeinlimo is fabulous. We just returned from the June 5 sailing on Solstice with our 2 teenage daughters and this was one of the best stops we had. Our driver was from Sorrento and knew the area and the guide they arranged for us at Pompeii was very knowledgeable and was able to get us into an area not yet open to the public. We were to visit Sorrento and Positano but ended up not stopping Sorrento and stopping in Amalfi instead due to timing and traffic. He took us to a nice family owned restaurant up on a cliff which was reasonably priced, great food and atmosphere. I would strongly suggest contacting Jany. You will have a great tour.

We did Positano - Amalfi - Ravello-Pompei in that order with a private driver (3 couples) and it was my most favorite day of the cruise. We were there the day of the big bike race so our trip order was dictated by needing to be off the coast road by race time. We had a great meal between Scala and Ravello, had time to wander and shop at each town, and then had a private guide for our two hours at Pompeii at the end of the day.

Enjoy!

I have a question for those of you who have used this limo service and have done the Amalfi coast....were you in a sedan or more of an SUV / Minivan? If you were in a sedan, could you comment on whether you could see over the guard rails or walls along the side of the road?

There are only two of us and we are thinking of booking a sedan and wonder whether we would have a good view.

Thanks! :)

Archived