explorer of the seas..royal carib infant question..

mommy42208

i know they have a mommy and me class where you can bring your child to..i was wondering if anyone has info on this bc it sounds like fun!

also do you suggest anything else that i can do or bring my 1yr old to? i dont know if there are shows he will be allowed to see (of course i am looking for day and evening, nothing late night!!)

anything else geared towards the younger children?

(explorer of the seas to bermuda, kings wharf)

I just got back from doing the Freedom with a 1 year old (and some other kids too :) )

You can see a picture of the playgroup here, and I talk about it and some other things regarding kids here

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1007533

Also, try here for some specific young kid advice.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1005821

I don't think I mentioned it in the other threads -- but make sure you grab the little Cheerio boxes in the Windjammer for later in the day!!

I don't think the ship you're going on has the Baby Zone, so there won't be anywhere for your little one to swim :( My son enjoyed looking at the ice show for the first 10 minutes or so, then he got bored.

Explorer does have an Adventure beach (kids pool), but Kim is right, its not for kids in diapers. :( So bring an inflatable pool, or a small inflatable tub/pool...will help you bathe the child in a cabin with only a shower.

The Royal Tots/Royal Infant pages are at the link in my signature. Click on it, then Royal Caribbean.

I am doing Explorer next June and I am just starting to dive into the info about Bermuda and family friendly excursions. I assumed that Horseshoe Bay would be the best "family friendly" beach in Bermuda, but I also just read that beach {after a storm} would have the greatest numbers of "Portugese Man of War" :eek: (or so says the Frommer's book on Bermuda) and the strongest undercurrents {most dangerous}

Soooo...I am looking into all of the beaches there and ways to get from the King Wharf pier (which supposedly has very little around) to the best family beach.

So when are YOU going? If you go before me, I would love to get a full report when you get back. :D

thank you ladies!!!

kim- your review was great..i wish explorer had the baby zone but oh well!

cruisinmama: i am going in a week! i will keep you posted! i am also bringing an inflatable pool which is really tiny so i hope it will be allowed and not frowned upon with the other guests!?

where should i go in the pool area? should i stay by the kids section or the main pool?

cruisinmama:

also i checked out the kids programs but all i can find is baby tots for indep of the seas....is that the same as explorer?

Yes, same for Explorer, more or less. Same type of activities fleetwide. :D

And about the pool. You put it wherever there is room. And don't worry about "disapproving guests" - you are doing the unselfish thing and not sticking your child in the main pool with the diaper on. ;)

Archived