Taking mom to alaska on sept 18/09 on millie and have a question about our room.

AFINEPAIR

Hi There,

I am a new member and its nice to meet you all. I've been busy reading up on all the helpful advice that you provide here. If anyone can help me with my question it would be greatly appreciated.

I booked a cruise for my mom and I for Sept 18th of this year on the Millennium. Room choices were low because of the late booking I'm assuming. I have booked a CC ROOM - #8047, but have read some things on here about obstruction of views and being too far forward. Can anyone tell me if Room 7181 in the aft would be a better room compared to 8047??? Or should I just leave it and stay where we are???:confused:

My mom and I have both been on cruises before but I have not been to Alaska yet, she has. I've never had a balcony, so I am quite excited. LOVE cruising and it has been quite a long time since my last.

Any info on this would be awesome!!! Thanks for your time!!!:)

Thank you so much!!

Corinne

8047 is not too far forward and it has the advantage of being close to the forward bank of elevators. The only potential drawback I could see from the deck plans is that the verandah of the cabin next door is bigger and on an angle which could limit the privacy of yours somewhat. The other side of that coin is that verandah next door will also help cut back on the wind you would feel on yours - only an issue on a sea day since most of the travel between ports is overnight:)

Thank you to the both of u ( leoandhugh and bqkali ) for replying. I was able to change to a room further back but on the same level, so now I feel more at ease :D

Bqkali - I WILL be stopping by the roll call and introducing myself...thanks for pointing it out. I'm so excited for this cruise I can hardly contain myself :p

and I enjoy the company of friendly people very much :D

SEE U SOON!!

Archived