AB Suite on Pearl

joeaid

Hello, i was wondering if anyone had 5 people sharing the AB suite on the Pearl before and how that was in terms of feeling crowded. Also, i am trying to find what extra "perks" you recieve from booking a Penthouse over a balcony cabin. The NCL website doesn't offer much info

Thanks for your help

We've stayed in an AB on the Dawn which is almost identical to the Pearl. Perks include VIP embarkation/disembarkation, priority tender tickets, breakfast and lunch in Cagneys (no fee), butler, concierge, special butler room-service menu, and DVD library. The cabin is amazing! 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living area, dining area, but a small balcony. You can sleep 5, but it will be a tad crowded. The 2nd bedroom has a pull-down single bed and a fold-out couch into a full bed. The AB's on the Dawn now have sleeper sofas in the living room. If the Pearl has those, the 5th person can sleep there.

Link to many pics in my signature. And, check out this website:

http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/

Please share with us a bit more about the makeup of the 5 people. That is very IMPORTANT as to how it will work.

I know some people that can handle 4-5 adults in an inside. I know others that would feel cramped with three adults in an AB.

The AB is a wonderful suite, but what is your situation?

the make up of your party will matter. i am leaving in a few days on the pearl, a first timer on ncl altho a vetran on disney, and 5 of us in an A3. identical to AB but with courtyard access. I will let you know when i come back how crowded it feels. we are 3 adults, 13 year old diva and 16 year old son. the 13 year old is already squwaking about having her own room - not going to happen! I am counting on the overflow space that the courtyard provides. I have been told that couch in living room does convert to a bed (a somewhat recent change). So altho web site says it sleeps 5, technically it can sleep 6. but i have also heard the second bedroom is quite cramped and sleeping 3 in there is tight, even when they are children. I will let you know. In about 10 days, bump this thread up so I will see it and thus remind myself to post this info.

Archived