First time cruiser could use help-new to cruise critic

We have never cruised and are on the New Celebrity Equinox on September 13. We are trying to figure out the best places to go in Ashod & Haifa. We are Jewish if that makes a difference in where we go.We don't want to miss something important as we will probably never go back again. I don't think we will go to Bethlehem. Any suggestions on best sites to see would be appreciated. We want to be out about 8hrs a day and stay on ship overnite. Thank you

Day 1 Civitavecchia 6:00 PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 Santorini 2:00 PM 10:00 PM

Day 4 Piraeus 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 Kusadasi 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 Alexandria 7:00 AM

Day 8 Alexandria 7:00 PM

Day 9 Ashdod 10:00 AM 10:00 PM

Day 10 Haifa 7:00 AM 9:00 PM

Day 11 At Sea

Day 12 At Sea

Day 13 Naples/Capri 7:00 AM 6:30 PM

Day 14 Civitavecchia 4:00 AM

readytocruise2009, you are going to have a great time.

There is a Middle East forum within CC:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=32

You'll find existing threads there about the ports on your itinerary (search or click back a few pages through the posts).

For Ashdod, you'll probably want to spend much of your time in Jerusalem. It's a fascinating city with the obvious historical and religious importance. The nice folks on the forum listed above can give some helpful advice as how to maximise your time. Haifa itself is nice enough, and depending on what your interests are, there are possibilities in the surrounding areas -- again, check out the posts in the Middle East forum.

Enjoy! :)

We have never cruised and are on the New Celebrity Equinox on September 13. We are trying to figure out the best places to go in Ashod & Haifa. We are Jewish if that makes a difference in where we go.We don't want to miss something important as we will probably never go back again. I don't think we will go to Bethlehem. Any suggestions on best sites to see would be appreciated. We want to be out about 8hrs a day and stay on ship overnite. Thank you

Day 1 Civitavecchia 6:00 PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 Santorini 2:00 PM 10:00 PM

Day 4 Piraeus 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 Kusadasi 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 Alexandria 7:00 AM

Day 8 Alexandria 7:00 PM

Day 9 Ashdod 10:00 AM 10:00 PM

Day 10 Haifa 7:00 AM 9:00 PM

Day 11 At Sea

Day 12 At Sea

Day 13 Naples/Capri 7:00 AM 6:30 PM

Day 14 Civitavecchia 4:00 AM

I'm on that same cruise and am interested in where to go in those locations as well.

Have you considered asking your Rabbi what places may be important based on your faith? I'm guessing they might have some good insight.

I am on the Ancient Empires sailing aboard Equinox immediately after yours... I seemed to recall when I was making my plans--and I just looked, it's still there for my trip--that there is a tour offering out of Ashdod that specializes in visiting the Jewish sites [read the detailed description]... It's entitled Eternal Jerusalem [AS14]...

Go to the first homepage where you clicked on Celebrity Cruise connections. Scroll down to Cruise Roll Calls. Click and look for Equinox. Click on Equinox and scroll down to the Sept. 13 date. These are people that are cruising on the same ship at the same time as you. You can read what they are doing or post questions there.

marlene

Archived