Seward Luggage Storage?

stacyb44

Is there anywhere to store luggage in Seward? We are staying over one night after our cruise and taking the train to Anchorage the following day. Wondering what to do with our luggage between returning our rental car around noon to boarding the train around 5pm.

Has anyone else had this issue? Are there any places to store luggage or other options? Or are we stuck hauling around our luggage?

Thanks!

Yes, take it to the train station. Oftentimes your hotel will store it for you too, but the train station really is easier. First go to the train station to drop off the luggage and then head to the Hertz office to return your car. The Hertz office is VERY CLOSE to the train station. Enjoy Seward!!! We loved it and really enjoyed the train to Anchorage. IT is SO SCENIC.

Thanks so much for your help!! I thought I had read on the AKRR website that they wouldn't hold it, but obviously that is not true based on your experiences.

It is my understanding, that as long as the train station is open, they will take your luggage. I believe last year it was posted that on non-cruise ship days they open at 9:00 a.m. Cruise ship days they are open much earlier for those 7:00 a.m. cruise ship train transfers.

Glacierlady lives in Seward and she has often posted that the train station will store your luggage.

Try to avoid dropping off the luggage at around 11-11:15, when the train from Anchorage is arriving, since the staff will be a bit busy then. Either earlier or later than that would be better.

I contacted Glacier Lady via another forum and asked her about the luggage storage at the RR station in Seward. I really wanted to make sure you had an up-to-date accurate answer. I know things change from year to year. Here was her response:

"You can drop off luggage at the train depot anytime after 8am (ship days)- 10am on the day you are taking the train. You don't have to be a cruise ship passenger. Once you leave your luggage you won't see it till Anc that night. They do have a shelf in the office for small items you want to carry on."

Archived