Did you lose bags out of Vancouver Saturday afternoon?

admiral nelson

We flew Air Canada Jazz on Saturday afternoon from Vancouver to Portland, with a separate flight on another airline booked from Portland to Denver.

When we arrived in Vancouver we didn't get our luggage. We went to file a report and there were two other couples in the office with exactly the same destinations and the same problem. I believe at least one of the other groups may also have been departing cruise passengers.

We still haven't got our bags. If, by chance, you are one of the other couples and have the same issue please respond. Perhaps if we work together we can get a satisfactory answer.

Thanks.

Well I was not on this flight but have a very similar circumstance. I flew from Vancouver to Portland on 6/17. My luggage never showed up in Portland. I also filed a claim and it has been a week now and still no luggage. My cameras, good clothing/jewelry, binoculars and other various items are gone. This was on Horizon Air. Am told more than likely they will find but what a nightmare this has been. So trying to stay positive.

P.S. - Admiral, could you please let me know the outcome of your situation? I will do the same. After 5 days, I had to fill out a lost luggage report listing everything in my bag and they are now searching according to contents. Thank you!!

P.S. - Admiral, could you please let me know the outcome of your situation? I will do the same. After 5 days, I had to fill out a lost luggage report listing everything in my bag and they are now searching according to contents. Thank you!!

You bet...I'll let you know what I hear.

Tx.

Admiral - I was told by my TA that locating luggage should be like locating a UPS package. However, Alaska Air does not scan bags from point to point. My TA was surprised over this. Don't know if Air Canada scans bags. My guess is not. She also told me to talk to a supervisor or manager at Baggage Services and stay with that person about your lost luggage. But heck, you may already know this. I did not as this has never happened to me before. I'm on the phone daily. Good luck on your luggage!!!

On Friday, we jumped off the ship and ran like crazy to make a 11 am flight from Vancouver to Chicago then on to Atlanta. I was so proud when we made it to the gate out 9 am with 2 hours to spare. At 9:20 they cancelled the flight into Chicago due to bad weather. We eventually caught another flight through Salt Lake City then onto Atlanta with a 15 minute layover. We ran like crazy again. We arrived in Atlanta after midnight...no bags of course. I wasn't surprised to be honest after the day we had. My husband finally tracked them down 2 days later at a delivery place in Atlanta called Hot Shot delivery. The man said it might be days before we got our bags because drivers didn't show up for work, etc. etc.

My husband ended up driving down to this place to pick up the bags. Unfortunately one bag was broken up. The handle was busted off and the hard sided luggage was dented in several spots. So back to the airport he went again.

At least we got our stuff. We decided not to fly out of Vancouver anymore if we can help it. This is the 2nd crazy experience we've had there.

Well I was not on this flight but have a very similar circumstance. I flew from Vancouver to Portland on 6/17. My luggage never showed up in Portland. I also filed a claim and it has been a week now and still no luggage. My cameras, good clothing/jewelry, binoculars and other various items are gone. This was on Horizon Air. Am told more than likely they will find but what a nightmare this has been. So trying to stay positive.

Why would you your camera , jewelry , binoculars etc in you luggage.

All airlines recommend strong that you carry valuables in your carryon luggage.:confused::confused::confused:

Archived