Doing Laundry

sbhdmh

I posted this question in the Baltic/Europe section but have not gotten any responses. I'm hoping a group of parents may help me out.

We will be going on a 12 day Baltic cruise later this month and understand from these boards that MSC does not offer self serve laundry. By the time we add all the pre and post cruise travel we will be away for more than 2 weeks. I can't imagine bringing that many clothes with us or spending a fortune having MSC do our laundry. My 4 year old can go through several outfits a day...

I read on the boards that people have had luck getting their laundry done for a reasonable price in some Carribbean ports. Does anyone have any information about laundromats or laundry services in Bremerhaven, Goteburg, Tallinn or Copenhagen?

Thanks.

Hmmm, I'm not sure (although, my parents actually lived in Bremerhaven at one point, but that was over 35 years ago!), but you might try to find a guidebook at your local library for each of those towns, and see if it lists a laundromat? I'd look at one of the youth-backpacker-oriented guidebooks like Rough Guide or Lonely Planet, since college kids backpacking across Europe would need to know where they can do their laundry. Or Rick Steves, that guy is all about packing light and washing as you go along.

Archived