Adventure Ocean - does programme ever change?

CruisingSarah

Does anyone know if the programme changes from time to time? DS did Aquanauts (3-5) last October on Navigator, again last week on Enchantment and will do again this coming October on Voyager.

Last week all the compasses showed the same activities he had done the previous cruise, he came out with the same artwork, adventure science etc.

I just wondered if they ever change the programme? Perhaps annually?

I guess I just worry that if he does the same again this October he may well be bored and in need of a change and we may well cruise twice more before he would be old enough to move to the next age group.

I am thinking of trying another line for this reason (though don't fancy getting into any rubber shark issues so perhaps not that one ;)). Any thoughts on Celebrity for kids camp?

Many thanks.

Thanks

Although I always say that the activities are "similiar fleetwide" - I can say that the acitivities aren't the exact same from ship to ship or Itinerary to Itinerary.

I remember on Freedom (Western Carib itin), the kids had a Mexican Fiesta party and had to make passports.

But then on Independence, they didn't.

Some things remain constant - Gaga Ball (older group). Space Mud. Talent Show. Pirate Parade.

crusinmama06, Thanks! I was hoping you'd answer. The activities were the same on both cruises, Space/alien session, dinosaur session, train session, pirate night, PJ party night, there was no new material. Also all toys the same, FP Imaginext, Little People and Geotrax, Dora kitchen etc. I do think it's a great programme but just wonder if they review and refresh it from time to time to cater for frequently cruisin' kids ;)

crusinmama06, Thanks! I was hoping you'd answer. The activities were the same on both cruises, Space/alien session, dinosaur session, train session, pirate night, PJ party night, there was no new material. Also all toys the same, FP Imaginext, Little People and Geotrax, Dora kitchen etc. I do think it's a great programme but just wonder if they review and refresh it from time to time to cater for frequently cruisin' kids ;)

Hey you're right! I just looked at our Indy pages (Feb09) for the 3-5 year olds and my daughter attended Space Night, Dinosaur Night, Pirate Night, PJ Party Night, Cars & Trains :eek:

So now you have me wondering when they are changed.

I went back a couple of years and many of the activities were different - like a "Under the Sea Circus" (Jewel 2005)

Hmmmm, great question!

I might try to contact them to ask. I think DS will be ok next cruise as he will be with his 2 cousins, but it's possible we will cruise at least twice more before he moves up to the next age group. I'd like to think they would update the programme every now and then as we like RCCL very much and would be keen to stick with them. Although might be nice to try something new, have you any experience of or heard anything of Celebrity or P&O? Ventura would be good for us but then I could just stick with Indy if I'm looking to go out of Southampton :D

I haven't personally done Celebrity but since it's owned by Royal and it's just a more upscale version of RCCL (or so I've heard) then I can't imagine it would be bad. ;)

There are some parents here who love to cruise Celebrity with their children. And they say the program is wonderful. I do have some Celebrity pages from those parents at the link in my signature.

Cannot say if program changed, but have been additions to the rooms. Noticed on Freedom this trip had some WII consoles now in the 6 to 8 year old room that were not on Liberty last year. My girls in some instances have gotten to know the program and makes it some what easier to know what they might want to skip and try out a show some evenings. But even knowing, they prefer to go to the club than what Mom & Dad might do

Archived