would a storage tub be considered a cooler

Tmrlovesjr

I am aware that Carnival limits the allowed size of a cooler to be 12 inches cubed. Here is my problem, next month we will be cruising with our 2 year old son. He will not eat anything but babyfood, so I must carry everything he is going to eat for a week, his diapers, clothes onboard with me. We went on a cruise in Dec. on a NCL ship, and I packed everything in a storage tub, taped it up put a tag on it and off it went. I am wondering if carnival is going to allow this or must I pack his stuff (glass Jars) in a suitcase?

Can you purchase the baby food in the plastic containers? When we purchase the baby food for our local food bank, we never get the glass containers as they are too heavy and break easily when we purchase in bulk. Those plastic containers of food are so much lighter and easier to pack.

His fruits and veggies will be in plastic, but I have to take Gerber spagetti with me it is all he will eat (he has a speach delay that makes him funny about food textures) and it only comes in glass. LOL or I could let him eat french fries for a week and cherios.

I packed a large plastic storage tub for our Carnival Pride cruise a couple years ago in exactly the way you propose - a bunch of kids' stuff packed inside, duct tape closed, luggage tag stuck on. (I keep all our "cruise stuff" in the same tub for every cruise. Anything that could leak also goes inside zip loc bags). It never occurred to me that there would be a problem - and I don't think the cooler rule has anything to do with what you're trying to do.

You've done it before, but don't make the mistake I made the first time - make sure to pack some tape to re-close the tub for the return trip.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Archived