Reserving Flow Rider on Oasis?

Does anyone know if you will be able to rent out the Flow Rider on Oasis? We haven't been on Freedom so haven't experienced it at all yet, but I do believe I read on a thread once that you can reserve it, like $300 for an hour for 8 people? We are going with a large group, so splitting it up and having it to ourselves might be worth it!

If you're inquiring about on the ship, having sailed on F.O.S. twice, there were no "private" rentals. I can't imagine why RCCL would allow exclusive use during a cruise.

Are you saying there were no "private rentals" because you asked and were told no, or because you were not aware of any. The private rentals are outside of the published open hours and therefore not known about by most people. I would image that private hire would be available on "The Big O" as it is on other ships, it is a great way for Royal to generate extra income.

If you're inquiring about on the ship, having sailed on F.O.S. twice, there were no "private" rentals. I can't imagine why RCCL would allow exclusive use during a cruise.

Actually there ARE private rentals. The original poster is correct that you can indeed rent it for $300 for an hour for a maximum of 8 guests (I believe it was 8). The catch is, it is only available for rental during the "off" hours, so it does NOT interfere with the normal busy hours. My son did this with a group of kids and their time slot was 11:00p.m. till midnight. They had a blast! You can also book private lessons on the Flowrider. I am sure they will offer the same options on Oasis. There would be no reason not to! It is a money-maker for RCCL!

We did see individual lessons taking place but at no time during our two voyages - early morning, late night, while in port - did we see the flow rider open for exclusive use.

It sounds like you'll want to write to RCCL/Cruise Director department for clarification.

Our group DID do the "private" lessons/time whatever you would like to call it on the LOS last October. It was published in the cruise compass (im pretty sure) it might have been in small print but I'm pretty sure it was there. I dont know how many the limit is but there was 8 of us and we had a GREAT time. Our time slot was from 6pm-7pm on a port day. I hope Oasis does this because it was a great experince and everyone thought it was their favorite "excursion". It was a good way to learn how to do it so you didnt lose time during the "open" hours falling off and then getting back in line and waiting again.

We watched private lessons in Freedom one evening while in port and it was great entertainment! There was a Dad who had a great physique, yet kept wiping out every time. Watching him slam up against the back board was almost painful.

The best of the bunch however was a young girl...she aced standing up while the guys were still riding on their stomachs.

We did see individual lessons taking place but at no time during our two voyages - early morning, late night, while in port - did we see the flow rider open for exclusive use.

It sounds like you'll want to write to RCCL/Cruise Director department for clarification.

Just because it was not rented out for private use on your cruise, does not mean it is not available for private use. I can assure you that it is available to rent privately.

Two types of sessions available -

1) Private 1 hour time slots - you can rent it out for one person or any other number up to 8 people - cost is $300/hr

2) Private instruction - you can sign up for one of these sessions but you will be hooked up with others you don't know and they fill each lost with 8 people...example - we signed up for this and my dd and niece were paired up with six others we didn't know (Still a BLAST!) Cost $65 per person...

Spring Break on IOS - private 1 hour time slots sold out the first night onboard - the private instruction slots sold out the second day onboard.

What's the benefit? (other than the lines!!)

My DD and niece were able to boogie board at the same time AND they teach you how to get two kids on one boogie board - that was their favorite!

Well worth it if you can afford it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

For Oasis of the Seas, I've gotten written confirmation from them that the cost is 350 an hour, and they get to pick the time of your private rental. We have a large group going on the 9-11-2010 sailing, and we are going to be renting at least one of them. The minimum is 1 person with the maximum being unlimited. However, anything beyond 6 or so and no one rider would get much time to practice. You can put in requests as to when you want it, but that is strictly within RCCL's availability.

Kelcie

Hi Guys,

For Oasis of the Seas, I've gotten written confirmation from them that the cost is 350 an hour, and they get to pick the time of your private rental. We have a large group going on the 9-11-2010 sailing, and we are going to be renting at least one of them. The minimum is 1 person with the maximum being unlimited. However, anything beyond 6 or so and no one rider would get much time to practice. You can put in requests as to when you want it, but that is strictly within RCCL's availability.

Kelcie

So they bumped up the price to $350? A little steep. But I HIGHLY reccomend it if you have a group going. We did 2 seperate one hour slots on Independence and had a blast. You get 2 instructors and you can pretty much do what you want, and with your friends and family watching its pretty hilarious.

I think what they'll probably end up doing is keeping one flowrider exclusively for private rentals/semi-private lessons and the other just for general riding.

Seems a little strange that they said they'll pick the time for you. I think it would more than likely be that youd just pick a time slot (like they do on the other ships).

Archived