Tie Tacks?

cali-croozer

It does seem like they're gone. I still have quite a few of my Mickey tie-tacks. I wonder if they've gone up in value now that you cannot buy them anymore. :D

I'll bet someone would buy them! You could put them on E-Bay "rare, nostalgic tie tacs". My son found an old (1998) Star Wars paperback and asked me to try and find the whole series for him. Since they are "rare", people are asking crazy prices for them. Somehow, they've become collectibles.......we're talking used teen paperbacks which should go for $2 or less. Oh well...........I'm always shopping for things that don't exist anymore.

No more tie bars or tie tacks. That explains why I see so many men's ties crooked or flipped wrong side out. I especially dislike seeing the underside part of the tie on one side of the chest and the top part on the other side. They do have a purpose other than decoration. But I suppose it's another of those fashion "Ins and Outs". Gives us women an excuse to "straighten" a guy's tie for him, or tighten the knot. :rolleyes:

Gee! That must be why Trump don't wear one on his tie on the apprentice.

I like tie tacks but quit wearing them cause I though a key chain bar with a chain was neat. Then the chain never seemed to hang straight so I went back to tie tacks. I also like the bar that fit under the collar that holds the collar tips down.

I suppose this is out of stye too. But I am retired and figure after this long if I like it I will wear it until my wife make me take it off.

L.O.L.

The new tie's today do stay in place better other that swinging back and forth quite a bit.

This was a interesting question. I never thought much about.

Cuff links and tie tacks are a big seller on ebay.

I really like wearing a white french cuff shirt.

Talking about ties.

Stop and thinK about how tie styles have changed so much over the years.

Remember the real narrow ones? (The blues brothers)

And next there are the different ways to tie a tie.

Good day!!!

No more tie bars or tie tacks. That explains why I see so many men's ties crooked or flipped wrong side out. I especially dislike seeing the underside part of the tie on one side of the chest and the top part on the other side. They do have a purpose other than decoration. But I suppose it's another of those fashion "Ins and Outs". Gives us women an excuse to "straighten" a guy's tie for him, or tighten the knot. :rolleyes:

I like when you see the guys walking down the street and their tie has blown up and is resting on their shoulder - what a look! :cool:

Archived