Halloween?

Astro

We are booked on the Oct. 24-31 Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Sapphire. We wanted to know from others that have been on a cruises during this time if Princess ships get all decorated with halloween decorations. We don't celebrate halloween and would not be thrilled if such decorations were all over the ship. This is the best week for us to go but would consider finding a different sailing if halloween events tend to be all over the ship. Thanks for any feedback.

We are going to be sailing the Emerald during Halloween, which I didn't realize when I booked. We love this time of the year anyways, it looks like it should be a lot of fun. The pictures look like they decorate in very good taste.

As I mentioned in another thread, we're going to be on the Caribbean for Halloween this year, and I can't wait.

Can anyone tell me/us what, if any activities are typically sponsored by the ship on Halloween? For instance, do they encourage costumes? Do they have trick-or-treating for kids (and adults?) ;)

I'm looking forward to it. :D

As I mentioned in another thread, we're going to be on the Caribbean for Halloween this year, and I can't wait.

Can anyone tell me/us what, if any activities are typically sponsored by the ship on Halloween? For instance, do they encourage costumes? Do they have trick-or-treating for kids (and adults?) ;)

Yes, yes and sort of. The Halloween party is completely sponsored by the ship and was held in Club Fusion on the Sapphire. They absolutely encourage costumes and there will be a parade and a contest. As for trick-or-treating, they may have some of that in the kid's areas. I'm not too sure...

Here's a pic from the contest. (This was only a fraction of the folks in costume!)

2993665351_a5928aaa27.jpg?v=0

Oh and the whole crew gets into the spirit and most are in costume too! This was our waiter...

2993640893_885a21e049.jpg?v=1225667820

Trick or treat for adults? Nope, don't think I have ever seen that. Sorry!

Kids activities are through the kids club, but they don't go from stateroom to stateroom trick or treating (if that is what you are enquiring).

Archived