Ship Doctor????

RN4life

I travel with my own person Paramedic <G> Who better to treat you than someone trained for an emergency? But emergencies happen when you least expect them...we know first hand from this past June (the SUV we were passengers in was broad sided and flipped) It was our third day of vacation. But with the good Lord watching out for us...the "worse" did not happen and eventually we will all recover. No travel insurance for that situation...and to think...I didn't even get a massage!! :rolleyes:

Wow...that must have been scarey. TG you are ok.

You are going on the Inspiration? I am going on her in 9 days! I keep posting roll calls for the new years cruise, but noone ever responds!! sniff.....Have you been on Inspiration before?

Sheil - this will be our first time on any cruise. (I don't think a john boat on the ohio river counts !!) We're very excited but it's still a long way off....therefore, until then I am cruising vicariously through everyone here!! ...and yes, we were very lucky!

I'm sure you have seen your fair share of horrendous experiences...I get to hear about plenty all the time...Not an easy field to be in for the provider OR the patient!

Last June I realized I was getting sick while we were waiting to board, and by sailaway, I was having chills and fever and sore throat (I have chronic sinus infections that .. well , I'll spare you the details).. I hiked down to the bottom of the boat to the infirmary. The doctor took a good history, the RN was kind of whiney and out of sorts, but the doc gave me two huge antibiotic shots that fixed me up for the rest of the cruise. It cost $162. He had given me some sudafed and tylenol also. I didn't have trip insurance, but the price was fine with me considering I would have spent seven miserable days without medical attention.

Archived