Water Temps for Snorkeling in August?

lgazz

DH, DS11, DS9 and I will be on the 8/23 sailing of Mariner. I've read some threads from Springtime commenting that the water may be chilly for snorkeling.

Can anyone tell me about water temps for snorkeling in PV, Cabo or Mazatlan in August? Our only snorkeling experiences are in the Caribbean, and the waters have always been comfortable.

Anyone got any info to share?

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...
DH, DS11, DS9 and I will be on the 8/23 sailing of Mariner. I've read some threads from Springtime commenting that the water may be chilly for snorkeling.

Can anyone tell me about water temps for snorkeling in PV, Cabo or Mazatlan in August? Our only snorkeling experiences are in the Caribbean, and the waters have always been comfortable.

Anyone got any info to share?

TIA!

Hey lgazz,

We're also on the 8/23 sailing of the Mariner. We were just checking the regular water temperatures for Cabo in August. It will be in the mid 80s. Really nice, no wet suits needed. We are looking at doing our snorkeling day in Cabo also. The boards have convinced us that Cabo is the least tropical and more of a tourist town. We have read that Lover's Beach has some beautiful scenery and the beach directly next to it has some amazing boogie boarding waves. We're thinking about taking a water taxi over to Lover's Beach (about $10) and taking some great picts. followed by snorkeling right out in front of Lover's Beach. We will then head over to Divorce Beach and get in some great boogie boarding. To see some great pictures of Cabo, go over to Goggle Earth and you can zoom in directly to the town. It will show you were everything is in relation to the cruise ship. There are lots of pictures that people have downloaded to that site. You can click onto each of those. Some great images.

Hey lgazz,

We're also on the 8/23 sailing of the Mariner. We were just checking the regular water temperatures for Cabo in August. It will be in the mid 80s. Really nice, no wet suits needed. We are looking at doing our snorkeling day in Cabo also. The boards have convinced us that Cabo is the least tropical and more of a tourist town. We have read that Lover's Beach has some beautiful scenery and the beach directly next to it has some amazing boogie boarding waves. We're thinking about taking a water taxi over to Lover's Beach (about $10) and taking some great picts. followed by snorkeling right out in front of Lover's Beach. We will then head over to Divorce Beach and get in some great boogie boarding. To see some great pictures of Cabo, go over to Goggle Earth and you can zoom in directly to the town. It will show you were everything is in relation to the cruise ship. There are lots of pictures that people have downloaded to that site. You can click onto each of those. Some great images.

Wow! Thanks for the great info! I'll definitely take some time to check it out!

Archived