McKinley Express southbound

dogdoc2002

Anyone know what time the McKinley Express from Talkeetna to Whittier arrives at the dock? Also, can you book this without having a Princess cruisetour? We're likely going independent, and weighing train vs rental car at the moment.

Thanks!

Dogdoc2002

I'm not sure it's the same; I know when we did the cruisetour northbound a few years ago, we were with all the other cruiseline cars. If I go by the AKRR schedule, it wouldn't get into Whittier until 8pm; but the southbound cruises are suppossed to leave by 8:30, too tight of a schedule to seem likely.

Anyone done a southbound cruisetour and used the McKinley Express?

The train usually arrives in Whittier around 6pm. It is a Princess Contracted train and is for Cruisetour passengers only. It is a seperate train, it brings cruisetour passengers from the ships in Whittier to Talkeetna for bus ride to McKinley Lodge and then returns to Whittier with a load for the southbound ships.

The train usually arrives in Whittier around 6pm. It is a Princess Contracted train and is for Cruisetour passengers only. It is a seperate train, it brings cruisetour passengers from the ships in Whittier to Talkeetna for bus ride to McKinley Lodge and then returns to Whittier with a load for the southbound ships.

That was the info I as looking for, and what I figured the answer would be. Thanks for the help ARRTrain!

dogdoc2002

Archived