Balcony cabin ventura a201

taylormadecruz

Hi - we have just booked the last balcony cabin on Ventura's med sailing on 31st July. It is A201 which is at the very front of the ship. Has anyone stayed in this one yet? Do you think we are going to notice the movement more?

Looking forward to it despite some of the more negative reviews. We have cruised previously on Aurora, Adonia, Oriana and with Royal Caribbean on Mariner of the Seas.

:)

Looking at pictures of the ship (and all ships of the Grand Princess class) the forward cabins actually stop quite a long way short of the bows, whereas the aft cabins are indeed very close to the stern.

So I would expect that you might feel a bit more movement in A201 than in, say, A401, but possibly not as much as in A747.

But Ventura is so big that I didn't find she moved around much at all. My personal feeling is that it would take some real weather to get her moving to a significant degree, and in that case any cabin could be in motion, either pitching or rolling.

Thanks Tom - did you enjoy Ventura? Are the balcony cabins roomy?

Very much indeed, and we've booked another cruise on her for May 2010.

I blogged from the cruise and you can find the blog entries, plus a summary, here.

Hi - we have just booked the last balcony cabin on Ventura's med sailing on 31st July. It is A201 which is at the very front of the ship. Has anyone stayed in this one yet? Do you think we are going to notice the movement more?

:)

We are also on this cruise and made a late booking in a mini suite a few weeks ago.

We were in the equivalent balcony cabin 2 years ago and only felt more movement when crossing 'The Bay'.....as you booked so late I guess you got a bargain so enjoy !!

Very much indeed, and we've booked another cruise on her for May 2010.

I blogged from the cruise and you can find the blog entries, plus a summary, here.

Thanks for the Ventura blog Tom - I found it a great read! :)

Archived