cabanas that are in the shade

jamscckmc

For those of you that have rented cabanas, could you list the cabana # and tell me if you were in shade all day or if your front porch where the loungers are was in complete sun. The reason I want to rent a cabana is because I am alergic to the sun(I break out in red itchy bumps everywhere and I have to wear a long sleave shirt when out) and DH is pale as a ghost. I read on one of these threads that a couple had to keep moving toward the back of their cabana to avoid the sun. I don't want to pay that much money and still be in the sun all day. Thanks!

If it's total shade you want #3 (turquoise) is your best choice. Keep this in mind, however, how much shade is there from year to year varies depending on the hurricane season.

Trees that were there one year have been known to disappear the next after a severe season.

We had #14 (of 15) and the porch was mostly shade all day.

I like to lay in the sun, and there were only small slivers of it throughout the day.

The sun never hit the inside at all.

The shade on Half Moon Cay is somewhat elusive. Even if you are under one of the trees (which are salt cedars, I think) the shade is sparse. Not like the deep shade you would find under a maple or oak. -----Penny

• 2 weeks later...

What do these cabanas look like, are they just a structure to block the sun? How do you rent them? Do I go to my excursion site and rent one there? How are people seeing the colors? Ok, enough questions, don't mean to be a bother, thanks in advance!

Archived