Sunset House....drinks after wedding at Grand Old House?? HELP!

fortunatemaria

Hi!

I am getting married at the Grand Old House at 11am on the second day of our cruise.......after we will have cake/punch there but wanted to then move the group to a bar/restraunt for some appitizers/drinks......any ideas?? :confused::confused:

I have emailed a few places, My Bar at the SunSet House, Wharf Grill, Sunshine Suites, Lobster Pot....... I am not sure which would be the best bet......any advice/help/suggestions would be great!!!:)

I just want a casual, fun place to just hang out for a couple hours before getting back on the cruise ship. I also want it to be close to the grand old house and not a far ride. We have transportation set up all ready....

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!!!!!!!!!:):):)

I just want a casual, fun place to just hang out for a couple hours before getting back on the cruise ship. I also want it to be close to the grand old house and not a far ride.

In order, from closest to furtherest these are:

1. My Bar at the SunSet House (between the dock and Grand Old House (GOH)
  2. Lobster Pot (half mile other side of dock from GOH)
  3. Wharf Grill (three quaters mile other side of dock from GOH)
  4. Sunshine Suites (4 to 5 miles other side of dock from GOH)

In order from casual to most formal these are:

1. My Bar at the SunSet House (no shirt, no shoes, no problem - dripping wet divers welcome)
  2. Sunshine Suites (island casual - shorts and t-shirts or polo shirts ok, hotel guests may be in swimwear)
  3. Lobster Pot (island casual)
  4. Wharf Grill (island formal - button up shirts and long pants for gents, dresses or skirt and blouse for ladies)

Above dress recommendations are based upon evening dining and may be a bit more relaxed for lunchtime.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not familiar with the location of the Grand Old House but I can tell you the My Bar at the sunset house is about 1 1/2 from downtown and it is a great casual bar/grill. They have a few unique appetisers along with the traditional Conch Fritters. Drinks are fairly reasonable in my opinion and it is fun to sit and watch the divers coming in an out of the water. If your lucky you can talk with the Wonderful Divemasters about their recent experiences. My bar also has the best views of the Caribbean. (however if your looking to walk out onto a beach this is not it)

Archived