The Friends You Make Cruising and on Cruise Critic

Mooder

I have been coming to CC for about as long as I have been cruising, but this year has truly been a highlight. I have made friends here (they know who they are) who are so special, I cannot put it into words. Imagine my joy when I walked into my cabin last week and it was decorated for my birthday and included a huge (delicious) birthday cake. I assumed at first it was from family so imagine my surprise when I discovered it was from my friends met here at CC. It is truly something special to feel that kind of love from people you have never met (well, I have had the privilege to meet a couple of them and hope to meet them all on a cruise soon)!!!

And that is just one small example of how my friends make my cruising experience so much richer than it was before. My thanks to CC for making this possible and especially to all of you.

If there is anyone out there who is a little shy, like my sister and me, who have been hesitant in the past to attend the various parties or meet and greets or to make connections here online, let me tell you that I made a big mistake waiting this long to do so. Cruising was never so fun!!!

Anyone else have cruise friend stories to share?

yep...i do!

was cruising the Wind in 2004 and i was sailing alone. i met 3 people via CC. a couple...and a nice woman. the 4 of us dined together each night to share our activities of the day.

and today we remain VERY good friends and continue to sail NCL!

I don't make friends easily...guess, for me, that just comes with being a natural born jerk ;)

Yeah, Monte, I can't imagine anyone who would want to be friends with YOU! They must all be real jerks too!! :rolleyes:

There's a jerk store? Do they have pins?:rolleyes:

They claim to, but then they won't send them to you. :rolleyes:

F-LMAO-Copter

I dig the heck outta yous guys..

Glad you had a great 50th Birthday, Mooder.. Did you get the certificate for a free dinner at either Seven Seas or Four Seasons that we sent? Hope so!!

Glad you had a great 50th Birthday, Mooder..

All kidding aside, I'd also like to express a belated happy 50th wish to Mooder!

Damn wippersnapper ;)

Only if you put a jerk code in and you may still have to call!

Hey, I think that was a shot at me LOL

I have been coming to CC for about as long as I have been cruising, but this year has truly been a highlight. I have made friends here (they know who they are) who are so special, I cannot put it into words. Imagine my joy when I walked into my cabin last week and it was decorated for my birthday and included a huge (delicious) birthday cake. I assumed at first it was from family so imagine my surprise when I discovered it was from my friends met here at CC. It is truly something special to feel that kind of love from people you have never met (well, I have had the privilege to meet a couple of them and hope to meet them all on a cruise soon)!!!

And that is just one small example of how my friends make my cruising experience so much richer than it was before. My thanks to CC for making this possible and especially to all of you.

If there is anyone out there who is a little shy, like my sister and me, who have been hesitant in the past to attend the various parties or meet and greets or to make connections here online, let me tell you that I made a big mistake waiting this long to do so. Cruising was never so fun!!!

Anyone else have cruise friend stories to share?

I have enjoyed meeting ALL the people on the various Roll Calls

I have been on. Some people have been very friendly and fun to be with. Where we have spent time together on trips to the beach or meals onboard the ship or laughing over silly stories. And our Roll Calls were GREAT FUN....!!! I have very fond memories of these people. But, one group of Roll Callers (out of eight cruises) stand out, FAR ABOVE THE REST.....!!!:D

I am a shy person too, but, after Roll Calling with these people for a year before the cruise, I just felt like a part of the group. And that cruise was TRULY ONE OF THE BEST CRUISES EVER.....!!!

It was my Dawn, April 2007 cruise. Our Roll Call was the MOST FUN, MOST FRIENDLY, MOST SILLY, MOST RAMBUNCTIOUS group of people I HAVE EVER MET.....!!!:D

Many of us on that cruise just "clicked".......

In fact, many of us cruised together on a second cruise, and there are bunch more going on a third cruise. (actually, a large number of these cruisers originally met on the Dawn in 2006 and planned the next cruise for April 2007).

Plus, a bunch of us still post daily and until recently, chatted daily in a Chat Room. sHa_computer.gif

And, I will be hosting our "2nd Annual Reunion" this Summer, with 15 people coming from the tri-state area and Maryland. sHa_grouphug3.gif

I consider them all my good friends, they are ALL VERY SPECIAL to me. I am honored to be their friend.

So, for me, cruising has been a VERY GOOD THING......!!!:D

F-LMAO-Copter

I dig the heck outta yous guys..

Glad you had a great 50th Birthday, Mooder.. Did you get the certificate for a free dinner at either Seven Seas or Four Seasons that we sent? Hope so!!

I did - I believe I was told it was a joke. :rolleyes: But I'll take you up on it!!!

Only if you put a jerk code in and you may still have to call!

;)

All kidding aside, I'd also like to express a belated happy 50th wish to Mooder!

Damn wippersnapper ;)

Thanks again!! You guys made it truly special! I hope I don't have to wait another 50 to have such a great experience!

I just felt like a part of the group. And that cruise was TRULY ONE OF THE BEST CRUISES EVER.....!!![/color][/b]

I can relate -- it's a great feeling. Haven't chatted yet though - can't find the time or the technology!!! :rolleyes:

I can relate -- it's a great feeling. Haven't chatted yet though - can't find the time or the technology!!! :rolleyes:

yeah right! and if anyone believes that i have some beachfront property in the Sahara desert for CHEAP! :D

PROMO CODE: nopins

yeah right! and if anyone believes that i have some beachfront property in the Sahara desert for CHEAP! :D

PROMO CODE: nopins

LOL!

This is where you spew Gatzpacho now!

Hey! What's that supposed to mean? All my technology spews is martini recipes. ;)

OK serious now (difficult for me).

Yes, I've made some good (actually extremely good) friends from CC roll calls.

CubeChick, goodML & I met on the Dawn last year and have exchanged many emails/IM's since and are all booked together again on the Dawn next year. :D--Who knows-maybe we'll get together periodically in the future, I'm certainly not opposed!

A few others-I've really enjoyed meeting and still email and hope to sail with again. And of course there are some/many that I've met an roll calls and M&Gs that I have lost touch with, and I hope to see their names at some time on a future roll call.

Then there are some, I've never met 'face to face' but have know from the boards for a few years now and feel like we're old friends and would gladly sit down with and share stories. Some have even offered to pick up the wife & I at our hotel or airport and take to the pier. An offer like that from someone you've never met in person shows the quality of some of the folks here. GOOD/TRUSTING PEOPLE!!! (hey, for all you guys know I could be Ted Bundys brother & just haven't been caught yet)

OK serious now (difficult for me).

Yes, I've made some good (actually extremely good) friends from CC roll calls.

CubeChick, goodML & I met on the Dawn last year and have exchanged many emails/IM's since and are all booked together again on the Dawn next year. :D--Who knows-maybe we'll get together periodically in the future, I'm certainly not opposed!

A few others-I've really enjoyed meeting and still email and hope to sail with again. And of course there are some/many that I've met an roll calls and M&Gs that I have lost touch with, and I hope to see their names at some time on a future roll call.

Then there are some, I've never met 'face to face' but have know from the boards for a few years now and feel like we're old friends and would gladly sit down with and share stories. Some have even offered to pick up the wife & I at our hotel or airport and take to the pier. An offer like that from someone you've never met in person shows the quality of some of the folks here. GOOD/TRUSTING PEOPLE!!! (hey, for all you guys know I could be Ted Bundys brother & just haven't been caught yet)

Oh how soon we forget! What about MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Surely Mr Zeno and I were unforgetable!!! Our M&G sure was - what a great turnout - all THREE of us.

Seriously everyone from CC (even Monte) that I have met at an M&G has been very nice.

Our frequent travelling companion who attended a meet and greet with me (not the one where I met Monte), thought CC people were "friendly and welcoming".

Oh how soon we forget! What about MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Surely Mr Zeno and I were unforgetable!!! Our M&G sure was - what a great turnout - all THREE of us.

Seriously everyone from CC (even Monte) that I have met at an M&G has been very nice.

Our frequent travelling companion who attended a meet and greet with me (not the one where I met Monte), thought CC people were "friendly and welcoming".

Hi Z-

You certainly aren't forgotten. But since we haven't exchanged emails or IMs you fall in that catagory of someone I watch for joining my roll calls--

So like Nike says "Just Do It"

Now about our M&G--weren't there suppose to be several others who never showed up? THOSE SPOILSPORTS lol

And, I will be hosting our "2nd Annual Reunion" this Summer, with 15 people coming from the tri-state area and Maryland. sHa_grouphug3.gif

I consider them all my good friends, they are ALL VERY SPECIAL to me. I am honored to be their friend.

So, for me, cruising has been a VERY GOOD THING......!!!:D

AND YOU and YOUR family are pretty SPECIAL to all of us. We can't wait to see you again. The party will be great.

Archived