Found In Bermuda Taxi

bermie queen

The person who lost the camera must be ecstatic! ...and it's only because you went above and beyond in hopes of finding the owner that they got their camera back.

I left a camera at one of the bars on embarkation day. My daughter's prom pics were in it. (I know I should have cleared the card.) It was never turned in, I really thought a fellow passenger would have returned a camera. I know what it feels like to lose special pics.)

BUT, we took a cab in NYC to a restaurant. After we had ordered, (which meant it was a while) our cab driver came up to our table and said, 'Hi, you left this in the cab.' I hadn't realized it had dropped out of my purse. After handing it to me, he walked out of the restaurant. He didn't wait long enough for us to even get a heartfelt 'thank you' out, much less give him something ($). He had to have picked up another fare, who found the camera and he remembered us and drove back to that restaurant. It's bothered me forever that we didn't know his name or cab number to at least write a letter of commendation to the cab company about him.

When I tell the story, no one can believe that a NY cab driver took the time to drive back to us to give us our camera. There are wonderful, good, honest people everywhere. :)

Oh, and yes, my DH was not happy with me since it would have been another camera that I lost...

Kathy

I have left both an expensive blackberry and a datebook with a lot of cash in it in a NYC cab. Both times the cab driver looked inside and called me. When he looked in the datebook for my card he obviously saw all the cash and still he called me.....it seemed like a miracle...never lose faith in humanity. Bermie Queen I hope I have the pleasure of riding in your husbands cab when I come to Bermuda on the Dawn later this summer.....BERMUDA and its PEOPLE ROCK!!!! Now we need to get you to start cruising....you fit right in with us!!

Awesome story.

A few years ago, we went to Cabo San Lucas (land vacation), and our hotel provided complimentary transportation from / to the airport. On the way back home, we got off the limo and got on the line for the luggage and documentation check. After about 20 minutes, I see the limo driver running up to us with our passports in hand. Turns out they had fallen on the floor of the limo (wife left her bag open). He happened to spot them, and came back to the airport just to look for us. As soon as he handed them over, he turned around and left. Never had a chance to properly thank him, but I without his effort, I would have been stranded in Cabo with no passport.

I am so glad you took the time to fine the owner. I would be very upset if I lost me camera.

When we travel, I put in a new memory card and then I take a picture of my phone number on a piece of white paper. Hopefully if I ever loose my camera it will be in the hands of nice people like you and they will call me.

Cheers to Bermie Queen!!!!!

and rlr..thanks for the great tip, never thought to do that and hope it never has to come in handy.

Hi..i dont know if this will work or not..but sure worth a try..

The NCL Spirit arrived in bermuda on sunday June 21..my husband, Jack, drove a party of 5 passegers in his taxi who were on the spirit either sunday or monday..from Swizzle Inn in Baileys Bay back to the ship at Kings Wharf, they left a Canon digital camera in his cab..they were here to attending a wedding at elbow beach on the tuesday..he inquired with the agent locally, the taxi dispatching companies and the customs people, none of whom had a request for a lost camera (strangely enough!)

i am sure these people would like the camera back..we would be happy to mail it..we will be in the USA for the 4th of July and could post it from there if we get any replies..persons claiming the camers is theirs would need to describe it, and my husband. and their ride back to the ship.

You can email kruzlab@yahoo.com,or reply here...hoping to return this to its rightful owner!

Bermie - First let me say - its not my camera. But thank you for trying to find the owner. I know how precious photos are and I would be so upset if I lost my camera. Thank you for showing everyone that there are still decent people out there.;)

Archived