Order snacks/appetizers at bar?

YFancyface

My big "missing" on the cruise is SALTY bedtime snacks. I generally stop at a bar on the way back to my room and ask for a cup of the bar snacks. They vary from night to night and occasionally are a bit stale. The pretzels or snack mix usually are fresher than the chips.

My big "missing" on the cruise is SALTY bedtime snacks. I generally stop at a bar on the way back to my room and ask for a cup of the bar snacks. They vary from night to night and occasionally are a bit stale. The pretzels or snack mix usually are fresher than the chips.

I usually bring those 100 calorie snacks like chex mix or cheese crackers. They take up very little space. They also come in handy for shore excursions.

On Destiny/Triumph/Conquest/Splendor class ships their is a bar by the aft pool that is next to the pizza station and just a few steps from the grill. That should be able to blow a hole in most anyone's appetite! :D

The lobby bar on our last cruise rotated between:

peanuts, snack mix, Fritos, plain potato chips, pretzels and tostitos. The Lido deck bar had popcorn (I think there was a $1.00 fee for the small box)

My husband and I love chips with our sandwiches (especially the grilled panini sandwich). They were served without chips. But, sandwiches from room service came with chips. We ordered chips from room service (gave a tip of course) and kept some in the room for those late night snack attacks.

My husband and I love chips with our sandwiches (especially the grilled panini sandwich). They were served without chips. But, sandwiches from room service came with chips. We ordered chips from room service (gave a tip of course) and kept some in the room for those late night snack attacks.

I found the chips served with the room service sandwiches to be stale. This was on two different ships and maybe 4/5 attempts. I do know I am fussy about my chips but even my DH who is not a chip fanatic thought they were off.

Archived