HELP who knows a good place to meet on CONQUEST for a sail away get together

ConquestMike

A group of us from Cruise Critics are sailing Conquest on 1-2-05 and need suggestions on a good place to meet on ship for a sail away drink or 2 or 3 after muster possibly or meeting at another time...we have met on the roll call site but obviously not in person so any suggestions from those who have sailed Conquest before would be appreciated plus suggestions on how we will be able to reconize each other that would be simple Thanks

the first place that comes to mind for me is the dining area.. sorry that I dont know the proper name, but the place they serve the buffet... The one thing I thought I would mention is that you might think about doing 2 different get togethers.. We were on Conquest last year and didnt make the meet because we overslept so we were bummed that we didnt get to meet anyone. If there had been another meet the next day or so we would have been able to meet some fellow cruise critics... In past on another ship a bunch of cruise critics got together and one of them made a little sign and held onto it so everyone knew to look for her with the sign and that seemed to be the easiest..

the first place that comes to mind for me is the dining area.. sorry that I dont know the proper name, but the place they serve the buffet... The one thing I thought I would mention is that you might think about doing 2 different get togethers..

You're thinking of the Cezanne Restaurant....just forward of the Sky Bar on Lido Deck.

The Sky Bar is a good place - have a drink and enjoy some pizza :D .

Also I agree that you need to set up 2 times - you will want to meet on Sunday - but some people won't make it because of flights & such - try for before the lifeboat drill - just a short one to put faces with names. Make one for Monday afternoon. Look at the Capers posted online and try to find a time on Monday when it looks like there is not a lot of activity going on (good luck on that one).

Thank you all for your tips, many I was thinking of after spending time researching, the Sky bar for a sail away and Im currently looking to see which bars will be open both Monday afternoon and Sunday night after dinner for other get togethers and to keep things simple, I was thinking for cruise critics to tie a Christmas ribbon on there wrist for easy Identification since we should all have some ribbon left over from Christmas to throw in the suitcase that way it wont depend on one person making it to the meeting with a sign or something,,,Great Tips thanks

Just got off the Conquest today and we met at the Sky Bar Monday morning. Great location for that early morning drink. Tell Senol that CAT from CA said hi.

I too would suggest at least two get togethers. Maybe even an end of cruise gathering on Saturday. I wish we had set one up, as there were many people I met on Monday that I would have liked to talk to again.

Archived