Carnival Colors Lounge Hop

Lady_Jag

Can anyone enlighten me on this activity? I thought it was like a bar crawl, where you order a different drink at a different bar and see who makes it to the end.

Now I'm not so sure. What do you actually do when you attend the Carnival Colors lounge hop? Would it be an appropriate activity for my 60-year-old mom who doesn't really drink and has slight mobility issues?

What has your experience been like?

Ordering drinks would be optional. I didn't directly participate, but witnessed part of the "hop". We were in the karaoke lounge and each of the groups would come in and sing a song. Get applause from the crowd. The team with the most applause got points.

Then when they were done, they moved to a different bar. It wasn't a race so I don't think her mobility would be a factor.

I recently participated in the Lounge Hop on the Glory. Drinking was not really involved unless you took the time to order a drink at one of the stops (although I'm sure some of the participants had probably already had plenty to drink before it even began!). One of the stops wasn't even in a bar, more like in a lobby area somewhere. No running was involved, each team would "parade" to the next location while yelling out the chant for their team. At each location volunteers would be chosen to participate in some silly contests, such as lip-synching or popping balloons between your body & that of a complete stranger. At one stop they simply did some line dancing & you could opt to stand aside & watch if you wanted to. It was all rather silly, yet fun if you really got involved. We laughed a lot, I will say that! Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies! I was afraid to attend on the Glory in May, because I thought it was a bar crawl. Sounds like something I'll need to experience at least once, though, and I'm sure my mom would love to join in. :)

It's not really a bar hop -in fact very few people are drinking. We've done this twice on the Liberty and once on the Glory. It's actually billed as a family activity. Each team meets in a different lounge and spends about 15 minutes there doing various activities - dancing, limbo, Karaoke, silly contests, etc. You could join in or just watch. After that the groups are led up to the Lido deck for the big deck party with the Mexican buffet at midnight, music, and dancing.

A few tips - if you plan on dancing it gets VERY hot with all those people -bring some water along. It also gets VERY loud - if that bothers you it might not be the best activity - the hosts encourage everyone to yell and scream as loud as they can.

Have fun! It's silly but lots of fun if you are willing to participate and not be afraid of embarassing yourself!

That activity is a prelude to the late night deck party. They have an hour or so of acivities in the various lounges and then make their way on deck for the deck party after 11pm. It is a family event, so drinking is optional in the lounge/bar you are in.

I saw it on the Glory in May for the first time (Hi Lady Jag), so don't know if it's on other ships yet. I have a friend that was recently on the Splendor and the Elation so I will ask her.

It was like Camp Carnival for adults.

Archived