Transfer from Airport to hotel?????

We are flying in a day before our cruise begins. I have a few questions. Besides a taxi, what other way is there to get from the airport to our hotel? We are staying at, Pacific Palisades Hotel, 1277 Robson Street Vancouver BC V6E 1C4. What would be the cost of a taxi to the hotel? Also, will we be able to walk from our hotel to the port? Does any one have any ideas on the hotel? Any information you can give us will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Provided you are sailing out of Canada Place and not Ballantyne Pier you can walk to the Port from your hotel - it would be about six or seven blocks but it is a downhill walk.

The attached link to an interactive map will help orientate you to our downtown core:

http://www.hotelsbythepier.com/index2.php?pier=vancouver-canada-place

You don't say went you will be arriving in Vancouver because if it is after Labour Day - Sept 7th our new rapid transit line from the Airport will be in operation and it will only be a $3.75 per person fare - the cars on this line were designed with the airport traveler in mind in that there is room for luggage - it will be a 25 minute ride in and about a 3 - 4 block walk from the nearest station.

A taxi runs about $35 - and limo service is about the same - the Airporter bus is I believe about $14.00 a person

Your hotel is part of a complex that includes the Blue Horizon and is well situated in the middle of our Robson Street shopping and restaurant mecca - we refer to it as our version of Rodeo Drive - here's a link to the business association web site:

http://www.robsonstreet.ca/

Enjoy your visit and hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Besides a taxi, what other way is there to get from the airport to our hotel?

Look at http://www.yvrairporter.com . We discovered today that a family of two adults and two children can travel for $28 one way or $44 return trip. That is a deal as the single adult fair is $14 and $22 respectively.

I have used this service a couple of times for business trips and it is a good option. Watch the times as I had to take a cab to the airport for an early flight before the buses started operating.

Bodger

Archived