Bar set up in your cabin

LADYKADY

I am curious about the bar set up in the room. What they offer and how much it all costs. Setting it up etc. There was a link I found to this information from a past sailor but the link was dead.

Can anyone link me or lead me to a price list or anything like this for a cabin bar set up??

THANKS SO MUCH!!

:D

Here is the liquor prices for the in-cabin bar setup. To order contact the group coordinator for your ship: GroupEventsPlannerDawn@ncl.com Just replace Dawn with your ship's name.

Type of Liquor

Price

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram’s 7 Crown

$60

Jack Daniel’s Black

$80

Crown Royal Special Reserve

$100

Cognac

Courvoisier VS

$60

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P

$80

Gin

Beefeater

$60

Bombay Sapphire

$80

Liqueurs

Brogan Irish Cream

$60

Southern Comfort

$60

Di Saronno Amaretto

$80

Godiva Chocolate

$80

Grand Marnier

$80

Kahlua

$80

PAMA

$80

Rum

Bacardi Superior

$60

Captain Morgan

$60

Scotch Whiskey

Cutty Sark

$60

Glenfiddich

$80

Chivas Regal

$80

Tequila

Cuervo Gold

$60

1800 Reposado

$80

Sauza Tres Generations

$100

Vodka

Smirnoff 80

$60

Absolut and Flavors

$80

Grey Goose and Flavors

$100

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that. It's $3 per bottle, too.

Exactly - the latest list

BOURBON/WHISKEY:

Seagram’s 7 Crown $63.00

Jack Daniel’s Black $83.00

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103.00

COGNAC

Courvoisier VS $ 63.00

Remy Martin V.S.O.P. $83.00

GIN

Beefeater $63.00

Bombay Sapphire $83.00

LIQUEURS

Brogan Irish Cream $ 63.00

Southern Comfort $63.00

Di Saronno Amaretto $83.00

Godiva Chocolate $83.00

Grand Mariner $83.00

Kahlua $83.00

Pama $83.00

RUM

Bacardi Superior $63.00

Captain Morgan $63.00

SCOTCH WHISKEY

Cutty Sark $63.00

Glenfiddich $83.00

Chivas Regal $83.00

TEQUILA

Cuervo Gold $63.00

1800 Reposado $83.00

Sauza Tres Generations $103.00

VODKA

Smirnoff 80 $63.00

Absolut $83.00

Absolut Citron $83.00

Absolut Kurant $83.00

Absolut Peper $83.00

Absolut Mandarin $83.00

Absolut Apeach $83.00

Absolut Ruby Red $83.00

Grey Goose $103.00

Grey Goose L’Orange $103.00

Grey Goose La Vanille $103.00

Grey Goose La Poire $103.00

WOW. Hmmm.....so I guess I just need to do the math. How many shots per bottle and how much would the ship charge per shot. I guess 60 isnt too bad. I really like to drink in my own cabin. One bottle wouod do me a week.

Cool.

Thanks for the detailed info fellow cruisers! September can't come soon enough! 66 days!

WOW. Hmmm.....so I guess I just need to do the math. How many shots per bottle and how much would the ship charge per shot. I guess 60 isnt too bad. I really like to drink in my own cabin. One bottle wouod do me a week.

Cool.

Thanks for the detailed info fellow cruisers! September can't come soon enough! 66 days!

Depending on how strong you like your drink, you can usually get about 30 shots per bottle. At the bar, drinks are around 7-8 per drink. So, if you bought it per drink, you'd pay $210. Bar setup is expensive, but it's still a good deal.

Go for it, it is worth it! I had I would say 3 drinks per day, plus the luxury of being able to make a drink when I wanted and also be able to sit on the balcony. I figure that (with tip) would have been $25 a day. The bar set up with mixers and tax and everything was about $70. It is convenient.

yoyocruiser

Does anyone remember--are the bottles 1 liter or .75 liter?

They're each at least a liter. I remember Nita saying that their scotch was more.

Just so there's no confusion, but don't feel like you HAVE to drink your bar setup liquor in your cabin or on your balcony. This is liquor you've paid for in a different way, and you can take it anywhere you wish.

Some may say that it's tacky, but I don't understand that stance. I mean, you bring your wine onboard, pay the corkage and take it to dinner, right? I don't see the difference.

Clinky.. Thanks for taking the time to do the math. I gave up last night.. LOL

Cheers

OK - one more question - you can get a bottle from the duty free shop on the ship - correct? So is it the same price?

You can buy a bottle but you can't have it until the last night. I've found the liquor prices in the duty free store to be really good.

Many folks plan a big party on the last night, because they "usually" pass out the liquor you've purchased before 7 p.m. At least that's been the way it's gone for us.

As far as what comes in the bar setups, there are no mixers. You can get bottles of wine, and I think they're still doing beer, but the price for beer isn't that good. The steward will set up the appropriate bar ware you'll need.

OK - one more question - you can get a bottle from the duty free shop on the ship - correct? So is it the same price?

It is not the same price. We got 2 bottles of Bombay Sapphire Gin for $34 in the duty free shop 2 weeks ago. Absolut was the same, I think. We came back with 12 bottles total.

As far as what else is in the bar setup, what you see is what you get. You can order mixers through room service (we paid $1 a can of tonic) or bring your own.

They're each at least a liter. I remember Nita saying that their scotch was more.

Just so there's no confusion, but don't feel like you HAVE to drink your bar setup liquor in your cabin or on your balcony. This is liquor you've paid for in a different way, and you can take it anywhere you wish.

Some may say that it's tacky, but I don't understand that stance. I mean, you bring your wine onboard, pay the corkage and take it to dinner, right? I don't see the difference.

Clinky.. Thanks for taking the time to do the math. I gave up last night.. LOL

Cheers

HAHAHA Okay...so I can buy my bottle and then brown paper bag it around the ship like vegas? LoL Bold....but awesome. :eek:

I have a question about the bar set up. Does it have to be set up ahead of time or can you just purchase a bottle once you are on the ship? Is there a minimum order? Are the prices different pre-set up and once onboard?

coka

Hi, Coka,

I don't know about getting it once on board. I would guess it's possible. But, no there is no minimum. But, I believe the max is 3 bottles. Not 100% sure on that one, though. You can email your ship's group events planner to find out.

I have a question about the bar set up. Does it have to be set up ahead of time or can you just purchase a bottle once you are on the ship? Is there a minimum order? Are the prices different pre-set up and once onboard?

coka

I have always been told that bar setups must be ordered two weeks prior sailing. Also I have never heard that there is a maximum amount you can order but keep in mind, unless you live near the port, any left overs will need to go in your checked bags with the airlines.

Archived