Black Falcon Pier

Coach D

If you get there and the line is long waiting to check in. You might be able to get a couple of chairs so they can wait for you while you stand in line.

They won't let them all the way in but they might find a comfy place for them to sit closer to the check in to wait for you to get closer to the registration.

The line can sometimes be very long.

We had no problem, but we went very early --around 11:30 AM. The outside part at the very beginning with the luggage is the most confusing. Once you get inside there may be a line but it usually moves pretty fast. The main issue is not to get in the wrong line in all of the confusion outside the ship while you are waiting to get your luggage taken care of. There are seats inside, but I do not believe there are seats outside.

yoyocruiser

Thank you all.We are planning on arriving around 10:30. My main concern was after we checked in and before they let us on the boat. She's pretty spry and can stand for a while (in line) but while we are waiting to board I don't want her standing for 2 hours.

Thank you all.We are planning on arriving around 10:30. My main concern was after we checked in and before they let us on the boat. She's pretty spry and can stand for a while (in line) but while we are waiting to board I don't want her standing for 2 hours.

we got to Black Falcon before 11:30 am and they were already checking people in and allowing them to board. We took care of all the preliminary issues and were checked in and onboard before noon. Disembarkation begins a bit later (9:15) than it does in some other ports, so arriving as early as 10:30 may mean you will still have passengers from the previous cruise still getting off the ship. You might want to delay your arrival by about half an hour to avoid or at least reduce this problem.:)

Right, I would agree with that. 10:30 might be just a little bit early. The thing is, it will back up outside until they open up the lines to check people in and there can be a lot of confusion outside. It seems to me that they begin to check people in around 11AM if things have gone well in disembarking/arriving on time etc. But technically embarkation does not begin that early, so you can't totally count on it happening. I will say that for both of our cruises we literally arrived, checked our bags, got through the line, picked up our cards, paid the corkage fee, had our picture made, and were on the ship within a thirty minute period or less!

yoyo cruiser

I have a wheelchair scheduled for use while boarding. Will have to wait through the line to hand over luggage to even get to the point where I can get a wheelchair?

Note to the OP, NCL has wheelchairs for use during embarkation and debarkation.

Archived