holiday

tomfromTN

Friends just went and were not too excited about it. They had a very

nice vacation. ....

But this ship is being sold the 1st week in Nov. The Carnival Fantasy

ship will be moving to Mobile Nov 10th.

If you can hold off about 4 weeks until Nov 10, I would do that.

We just took our 12 and 14 year old sons as well as our 25 year old son and his wife. Everyone had a wonderful time and we felt very relaxed about the boys wandering around without us. Still had a white board and dry erase marker in the room and insisted that they leave messages as to where we would be able to find them if we wanted to.

Yes, it is older and smaller than the others in the fleet but you couldn't find a friendlier crew anywhere. By dinner the first night our room steward and wait staff all knew us by name and couldn't do enough for us and our boys. Yes, like many others who have had great Carnival crew members, we wanted to bring them home with us!! LOL

Do yourself a favor and take those kids on this lovely ship while you still can. She will certainly be missed by our family when she leaves Mobile.

DH and I have been on Holiday twice and are taking the whole crew in Aug.

That's mighty nice of you, but I hope the whole crew goes, even if you don't. Otherwise it could make for a very messy cruise.

Seriously... We've done the Holiday and Fantasy. We took the kids on the Holiday in May, and would like to do it again in November for her last sailing (wife and I are already booked). The kids loved her (7, 8, 12, and 15yr old), but I think they would have liked the Fantasy even more.

If you're not hitched to the dates, and you're not interested in that "last dance" cruise, I'd wait for the Fantasy, too.

I'm sure your kids will have a blast if they have not been on any other ship. I was on the Holiday 10 years ago and thought that she was too old. You will find others that love her though.

Thanks for everyones input Went ahead and booked Holiday kids are on fall break that week so i can't wait for the fantasy. Feel like we got a good deal $650 for the 4 of us. This cruise will be 3 weeks after 8 days on the Freedom wonder how they will compare?

Archived