Yipee first P&O cruise tomorrow

maidenengland

Hello to everyone

Just wanted to post as im so excited we go on the Aurora tomorrow,first time with P&O its for my 50th birthday.So our bags are packed and were ready to go:D cant see me sleeping tonight!

would be grateful for any tips from any of you seasoned cruisers.

I will certainly post when we get back

Bye for now

Take a few freezer bags for goodies - for the ships lovely biscuits and bed chocs you will have loads by the end of 2 weeks, play the game and they will be replaced up to 3 times a day... LOL

Take a 3/4 gang electric socket extension - there is only one decent plug near the tv - and if you need the hair dryer/charge mobiles/charge phone/charge camera batteries/ etc you may need it.

Sea sickness pills? Have you got some? Better to be save than sorry and a visit to dr for a sea sickness jab could cost your around £50+

Take a few washing powder tablets, I use BOLD as they have a built-in conditioner, tablets bettyer than liq tabs - as liquid ones could burst and make a mess in your case.

You can take on a bottle or 2 of wine, champagne, lemonade etc if you want for balcony/cabin drinking.

I think it is very sad that you need to collect biscuits and chocs to take home, though after our first P&O cruise recently after enjoying Princess food and being subjected to sausage and mash and sago pudding with golden syrup on board, though did enjoy the bargain price on Ventura.

I think it is very sad that you need to collect biscuits and chocs to take home, though after our first P&O cruise recently after enjoying Princess food and being subjected to sausage and mash and sago pudding with golden syrup on board, though did enjoy the bargain price on Ventura.

I don't really care what you think:), but I can assure you MANY many people do it on cruises, have read many discussions on pando biscuits and nearly all the cruisers take home their biscuits, because a) They are indiviually wrapped in2's and make a great packed lunch snack b) They make you smile when you are at work and remind you of the cruise c) you have paid for them in the £1000perperson cost of a 7n cruise i am doing...d) Its harmless fun, and not as naughty as stealing a bathrobe, or that nice silver bud vase you get now..;)

p.s. presume the' sausage and mash' at dinner was boar or venison sausages, tell the full story please! And you could always have chosen something else besides 'sago pudding' from the menu....:rolleyes:

I don't really care what you think:), but I can assure you MANY many people do it on cruises, have read many discussions on pando biscuits and nearly all the cruisers take home their biscuits, because a) They are indiviually wrapped in2's and make a great packed lunch snack b) They make you smile when you are at work and remind you of the cruise c) you have paid for them in the £1000perperson cost of a 7n cruise i am doing...d) Its harmless fun, and not as naughty as stealing a bathrobe, or that nice silver bud vase you get now..;)

p.s. presume the' sausage and mash' at dinner was boar or venison sausages, tell the full story please! And you could always have chosen something else besides 'sago pudding' from the menu....:rolleyes:

Well said!!! Why are some people so grumpy on theses boards--- I have expereinced the same myself--- they should all be such a happy lot when discussing holidays--- I will take the chocs and biccies home too!!!

When we were on Ventura - the CD made jokes throughout the cruise about the extra weight in cases going home because of the biccies and chocolate. We took ours home for our daughter to take with her for her lunch box (She's a teacher and loved them!!!!)

Ann

Archived