BYOB to dinner ???

BeachyLisa

ok whats a monkey head or a funnel (never cruised carnival before)

Funky drinking glasses that they server tropical drinks in.

Someone will post a pic I'm sure.

Nothing will beat the "Buddha" glass I got from a Chinese restaurant in college though. The straw went through his belly button!

Actually, I was just wondering about that. If you buy a bottle of wine on the ship and open and start it in your room, then bring it to dinner, would/should you be charged the corkage fee? Along those same lines, how would they know if you purchased the wine onboard or brought it from home?

As I understand the corkage rules, a bottle purchased onboard is not subject. If they really needed to find out where you purchased, they could check your sign and sail account since that is the only way you can purchase onboard. Not sure if they would go to that degree of detail.

Many people bring their cocktails from the bar into the dining room. So I don't think anyone would notice if you brought your own drink....as long as it isn't in a Bubba Keg!....LOL

Aloha,

Kat

a Bubba Keg..big ole orn-ge thang..I do take it to lunch..usually w/juice/water...but only a personal DOD in a glass to dinner..and also bring my own wine.

we bring our wine on board and take it to the dining room. if the wine is on the wine list, they don't charge a corkage fee. if it's not on the wine list, they do charge. that's how it was explained to us. you can check out the wines on the carnival site. we have never had a problem with bringing wine on. we are not cheap but refuse to pay their high cost of wine. we do purchase beer and fun drinks onboard so we make our contribution. we do bring bottled water and have brought a 12 pack of soda when traveling with the kids without a problem.

Many people bring their cocktails from the bar into the dining room. So I don't think anyone would notice if you brought your own drink....as long as it isn't in a Bubba Keg!....LOL

Aloha,

Kat

I've brought the 34 oz Bubba Keg to dinner many times.

Anyone ever make themselves a drink in their room-wine,mixer,soda,etc and bring it into the dining room to have with their dinner ? Or are they strict with the wine only and you gotta pay them 10 bucks-honestly I hate this cuz I really can open my own wine !!

I haven't read the other responses, so I will give my TCW. Drink a glass of wine in your room before dinner and bring another glass with you for dinner. I'm with you on the $10/bottle fee to open a bottle of wine. Take care of yourself, and don't let the cruise nickel and dime you to death. JMHO.

Just think.....if everyone of the 2-3000 passengers onboard used that excuse and brought their own libation.......drink prices would be through the ceiling.

I guess some folks are just "special" and exempt from the rules because they're too cheap to buy liquor onboard.

I guess I am "special" and "cheap" then because along with the 2 bottles of wine me and the husband are allowed to bring on board, we will also be bringing a 12 pack of cokes and some water that we are allowed to bring on board. I might even take a glass of wine to dinner one night.

Archived