Love my tea??

Hi Everyone,

I am going on Pacific Dawn and was wondering if there are any provisions to make a cup of tea in my cabin. Is there a kettle or do i have to go to the eating areas to make one.

Also do the cabins have bar fridges in them as i have diabetes and i will need to store my insulin in it.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Shelley:)

Hi Everyone,

I am going on Pacific Dawn and was wondering if there are any provisions to make a cup of tea in my cabin. Is there a kettle or do i have to go to the eating areas to make one.

Also do the cabins have bar fridges in them as i have diabetes and i will need to store my insulin in it.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Sorry no kettles on board the pacific dawn althought they do have a fridge, not always very cold though, check the thermostat when you get on board.

A few people take thermal mugs on board to carry their drinks back to the cabins. With the lids on too it makes it safe to carry it.

You can always order early breakfast from room service, that would include your tea.

Hi Shelley, just got back off the Dawn in May she is fabulous.There is a fridge in the rooms.With your cuppa there is no tea making facilities in the room but there are cafe bar type machines at the entrance to the buffet which you can get to any time. Other cruisers have suggested that you take one of those insulated cups to take tea back to your cabin (which we did, but only used once) but if you do take the short ones as the big ones don't fit under the outlets.

Jackie

Hi. I like a cuppa in room also. We took 2 small thermos/water bottles and had them filled at the Lido Cafe. Had already packed tea/coffee as it was my first cruise, but you can just get all at the machines. We also wrapped a few muffins/cakes at dinner and put in our fridge to have with our late night beverage.

Thanks ladies, looks like i'll be bringing my own cup. I also like the sound of bringing along a small thermo.

Bundygirl: We have been on the Sky and Sun, do you know if the Dawn's cabins are about the same size as the others. I have been told the ship is a little bigger but was wondering about the cabin sizes?

I felt our pacific dawn cabin was a little larger, well better set out anyway.

Maybe it was because on our pacific sun cruises which were our first and the kids were smaller we had 4 in cabin and later only 2 with kids next door.

You will love the pacific dawn.

Thanks ladies, looks like i'll be bringing my own cup. I also like the sound of bringing along a small thermo.

Bundygirl: We have been on the Sky and Sun, do you know if the Dawn's cabins are about the same size as the others. I have been told the ship is a little bigger but was wondering about the cabin sizes?

Hi Shelly

I have been in a 4 berth cabin on the Sun and the Dawn and the Dawn was bigger. More storage space too :).

On Pacific Dawn, at the self-serve beverage stations, they offer a great variety of teas to choose from.

From memory, most of them were Twinings, with heaps of different flavours, each individually packaged.

The thermal cups sound like a great idea, that way you can have a decent sized cup and not spill it while you walk back to your room.

Waydago also had a great idea of taking some little bits from the buffet back to the room to keep for a late night snack.

Alternatively, room service may be available as another option.

I took a full size thermos with me on the tahiti cruise and filled it every night so had a nice cuppa in the morning. Be careful though some get very miffed at the thought of u haveing a thermos. Dont know why maybe cause they didnt think of it! One dear sweet old thing asked me if I was allowed to use a thermos. I told her a big lie which i wont put on here but im sure she was at the pursers desk shortly after asking where her thermos was..:rolleyes:

I took a full size thermos with me on the tahiti cruise and filled it every night so had a nice cuppa in the morning. Be careful though some get very miffed at the thought of u haveing a thermos. Dont know why maybe cause they didnt think of it! One dear sweet old thing asked me if I was allowed to use a thermos. I told her a big lie which i wont put on here but im sure she was at the pursers desk shortly after asking where her thermos was..:rolleyes:

I nearly snorted my coffee all over my computer reading that one Jen! I think it was the image of the sweet old thing being not so sweet when told that she was dreaming if she thought she was going to be given a thermos. I bet she spent the rest of the cruise looking for you! :D:D

Welcome home! I hope you had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed your mini review of the first few days, and would love to hear some more if you are so inclined to write up a full review.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently returned from a cruise on Pacific Dawn. I took a travel jug with me. As long as it has an automatic cut off it's fine. I took my own coffee bags along and just got the tea bags from the buffet - lots of flavours. I also took 2 mugs down to the cabin from the buffet. However if I forgot to hide the mugs away in the drawer , our stewardess would take them away. It became a joke every time we left the cabin, checking to see if we'd hidden the mugs!

It worked out well. I love making my cuppa when I wake up!

Waydago also had a great idea of taking some little bits from the buffet back to the room to keep for a late night snack.

Although I rarely ate in the buffet, I did go up there around 10pm to get my cheese and biscuits.....a nice little snack whilst watching the movie!!

Where did you buy the travel jug, Toolangi?

Cheers

Sandy

I have seen them for sale at Myers and a lot of luggage shops.

They usually have a spin round display of travel good such as adapters, check there at your local shops.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the info.

My husband and I are off on our first cruise ever on Pacific Dawn on August 17th. Can't wait!!

We have a mini suite and were wondering if anyone has been in one on the dawn recently and can tell me about it?? Are there tea and coffee, kettle etc?? The book we got with our tickets has mini suites and suites lumped together under one heading so it is hard to tell which are in the mini and which just in the suite.

Thanks

32 days to go...

Hi Sunbaker,

we were on the Dawn in May and friends of ours had a mini suite and we went and had a look as we have one next year.There is no kettle, jug or coffee machine like a lot of other cruisers think.It is a very big room with a lounge and chairs and a big balcony.There is loads of storage space and the bathroom is very big with a bath with shower over.My friend said the only drawback was that the shower is on the side wall (not the end) and the shower curtain kept sticking to you.

If you go to P&O website and look at the Dawn you will see that they have separated the inclusions in the suites and mini suites now.

Hope this helps

Jackie

Hi Sunbaker,

we were on the Dawn in May and friends of ours had a mini suite and we went and had a look as we have one next year.There is no kettle, jug or coffee machine like a lot of other cruisers think.It is a very big room with a lounge and chairs and a big balcony.There is loads of storage space and the bathroom is very big with a bath with shower over.My friend said the only drawback was that the shower is on the side wall (not the end) and the shower curtain kept sticking to you.

If you go to P&O website and look at the Dawn you will see that they have separated the inclusions in the suites and mini suites now.

Hope this helps

Jackie

Archived