RCCL Aquatots question

travlingrlclt

Aquatots goes to 36 months. My son will be 38 months. Do you think he could still participate? He doesn't want to do the camp and be dropped off but would like him to be able to do some activities while on the ship and play w/ some toys.

The materials in AquaTots are the newest Playskool toys they are selling for the year. My daughter just turned 3 and she was always bored with the stuff - of course, we have all that stuff at home and she just saw it as "home away from home" and wasn't pleased.

All she can talk about is going to AO this afternoon for the first time!!

^^They do have a list of the children that are under 36 months and they would check you off on the first day and learn who you and your child were. If the sailing didn't have many children perhaps they would let you, but also they may not. Other parents also may not be so happy about a 38 month old taking toys and space away from their 18 month olds.

We have the opposite problem! I have a 28 month old going on 15 years old who wants to go do stuff independently and hates babies!

When are you sailing? Perhaps things will change?

The name was changed to Royal Tots/Royal Babies program. :)

From what I saw on Indy...the older siblings were able to go and participate in the program sessions, like during the Bedtime Story.

I met one family onboard that had a baby and a 4 year old...I know the 4 year old went with the baby to the sessions.

You can pick up the event times for the Royal Tots outside of the Adventure Ocean room that is set up for the 3-5 year olds. All you can do is try it. :D

There was also toy rental. They can give you a bag of toys to take back to your cabin. Now this is REALLY hit/miss. Some say they got brand new toys...other said the toys were old/worn.

Whichever you do, please come back and tell us how it went.

Sailing in Sept. on the Enchantment of the Seas-5 day. I wonder what people do if their 3 year old isn't potty trained. Seems like they would have no where to go if they weren't allowed in the aquatots but yet old enough but not potty trained for AO?

Sailing in Sept. on the Enchantment of the Seas-5 day. I wonder what people do if their 3 year old isn't potty trained. Seems like they would have no where to go if they weren't allowed in the aquatots but yet old enough but not potty trained for AO?

You have a VERY good point. And I would love to hear the answer. So if you do decide to use this program, let us know how it goes.

I have the page scanned from Indy if you want to see the type of activities they offered....

IndyRoyalTotsBabies.jpg

^^ Other parents also may not be so happy about a 38 month old taking toys and space away from their 18 month olds.

The programs are structured classes so it's not like you drop them off and it's a free for all with toys. The children go there with their parents and you do art projects etc. . Mine is especially shy hence why he doesn't want to be dropped off.

^I'm familiar with the program, I've done it on the Liberty and the Navigator.

Everything was fine on the Liberty, but there were several issues on the Navigator.

- The staff didn't empty the room so on several days we had little to no room due to other people being in the room playing cards, playing the piano, it was pretty bad and very distracting for the kids.

- There was also an older girl and boy that came with their younger siblings (and parents) and took toys, and annoyed the younger children. Again, nothing was done, and the parents of the 'age appropriate children' including myself were quite upset.

The program really depends a lot on the staff, it was a bummer that we went from having amazing Royal Tots staff on the Liberty, to downright TERRIBLE staff on the Navigator.

Archived