Planning a CC get together

vince b

Hello all and happy 4th to everyone in the States.

We are on the 12 night Solstice sailing in August, and have a roll-call thread up and running. We're over minimum for the cc get-together, so we're all set. But I'm wondering how to make that happen, and also how to arrange a sail-away get-together at the sunset bar.

For those of you who have played a role in these get-togethers, can you offer any advice and pointers? I think it'd be great to gather at the sunset bar at sail-away and get things off to a festive start.

Hi Vince

I'm assuming that many of you only know each other from these boards.

We ALWAYS have a sailaway party. Some ways to have members know who is who is to wear mardi gras beads (we've done that a few times). We've also posted crazy outfits (hats, shirts, etc.) and let everyone know what we would be wearing. If you have a very large group, one of our favorite people made name tags with our CC names (and our real names) and handed them out. We had a very large group sailing to Hawaii and he did a great job. Even made pins out of them.

Seems to me that now many of us on these boards have sailed together at one time or another, many next year and then the following year, that we have come to know some wonderful people.

You can set it up to meet after the boat drill at any bar big enough for your group. Just connect on this threat and go with it.

Pat C

Thanks Pat. I don't think anyone in our group knows each other. I've seen a lot more active roll calls, although we've had a good exchange of information and several folks (including me) have connected on ride shares, etc.

So if we were planning to gather at the sunset bar at sailaway, would we need to let Celebrity know first? I like the idea of name tags with screen names and real names (for me they're the same), and I can take charge of that. Do you know anything about the official CC get together, which as I understand is usually on the first full day?

Hello all and happy 4th to everyone in the States.

We are on the 12 night Solstice sailing in August, and have a roll-call thread up and running. We're over minimum for the cc get-together, so we're all set. But I'm wondering how to make that happen, and also how to arrange a sail-away get-together at the sunset bar.

For those of you who have played a role in these get-togethers, can you offer any advice and pointers? I think it'd be great to gather at the sunset bar at sail-away and get things off to a festive start.

As far as the cc get-together goes, each of you should get an invitation in your cabin with the details. Celebrity handles it all.

On our last cruise, one of the members was a rabid Chelsea fan (that's English soccer, for those of us on this side of the pond). One of the Americans made up little rosettes with the Chelsea logo and colored ribbon in the club colors, and gave them to us when we met for the sail-away. It was a fun way to make sure we could tell everyone in the group at the beginning, before we got to know each other in person.

As others have said there are invitations sent out for the Connections party.

As to the sailaway party what I have done with past groups is choose a meeting place and time. We decided on an item to use as an identifier. In those cases we chose a colored bandana - those are fairly cheap and usually easy to find. Everyone had that color bandana on a bag, tied to a wrist, etc. The item you use just needs to be available to everyone.

I had also thought about making name tags with everyone's Screen names and real names for the sailaway party on our upcoming cruise.

Don't worry about the Cruise Critic party, invitations will be in your stateroom with the day, place and time on the card. We always have enjoyed this party, as normally the cruise director gives a talk as to what to expect during the cruise and the fun things that will be happening.

We also always have had a sailaway party, usually at the pool area. Best ones we have had is having everyone bring a bottle of children's bubble solution, and everyone blow bubbles of all sizes over the pool. Creates lots of interest, and is a great way to easily meet fellow guests. We have always had name tags for everyone, just makes associating a name with a face so much easier.

Have lots of fun, and wish I was with you.

I have arranged many events for our CC groups over the past few years. We have done quite a few things besides meeting at sail away as many have talked about. It sounds as if you are on the Equinox or the Soltice when you say Sun Set bar. I hear it is nice. We met at the bar one deck below last year. Ocean view bar. Just pick a bar and a time and people will come. I did not alert the cruise line we were doing this. We have done the sail away party for quite a few years now. Lots of fun to meet the people you have chatted with for the past months. Have everyone wear something specific...banadanas, beads...just so everyone can find each other!

Other things we have done: Met between dinner seatings at the Martini Bar on the first night. This sometimes becomes a ritual! One Year everyone brought something from their home state and we had raffle tickets, so everyone who brought something could take something home.

Cabin Crawl...this involves people offering their cabins. Pick a day and time and someone makes up a list of all the cabins and the order you go in. At each cabin you could supply a drink or snack. We also added Poker to this and everyone put in a $5 ante. At each cabin you get a card. At the last cabin the winner wins the pot. It has been a lot of fun. Also a great way to see many different classes of cabins...try to get one of each. Aqua class, inside, Concieres, suites etc.

We also have done lunch on the last day at sea. This you can set up with the cruiseline, or Madre D' if you prefer. We did lunch in the MDR. One great place to have lunch that was not very crowed on our Soltice cruise was the Crepe place....The name escapes me...Maybe Bistro on 5? They were not crowed the day we went. Or you could do a buffet area for lunch or casual dinner.

The most important thing is to have fun! Once you meet your fellow cruisers..you will see them all over the ship!

You don't have to let Celebrity know about your sail-away party (if you can get enough interest). But it would help if you find someone on the bar staff ahead of time and tell them you know a group plans to be together for the sail away. They don't always have more than one bartender and/or waiter at every bar and you could end up with slow service.

Thanks everyone, for this great information. I"ll head over to our roll call board and get us organized. And I'll definitely speak with the bar staff before our get together, that's a great idea. Let's see if we can come up with a good way to ID ourselves.

I have arranged many events for our CC groups over the past few years.

We have done the sail away party for quite a few years now.

Met between dinner seatings at the Martini Bar on the first night.

One Year everyone brought something from their home state and we had raffle tickets, so everyone who brought something could take something home.

Cabin crawl.

We also have done lunch on the last day at sea

Wow! This sounds like fun. Am I invited? :)

Thanks everyone, for this great information. I"ll head over to our roll call board and get us organized. And I'll definitely speak with the bar staff before our get together, that's a great idea. Let's see if we can come up with a good way to ID ourselves.

If you want to have a get together talk to the CC liason on board. You'll meet him/her during the CC Connection party as well as the Cruise Directory. So if you want to have something later on during the cruise they will block off some area for you to use.

We had a huge crowd for a gift exchange mid-cruise (100+) on a TA on Milli and they happily accomadated us in one of the lounges. They even showed up to take pictures of the group.

Archived