Which Stingray Tour for family with 9, 14yr & 9mth old kids.

cruizer4life

Having a hard time deciding which tour operator to go with for stingray excursion; Moby Dick, Capt Marvin, Nativeways, or Fatfish or others. We want to stay together while on the Island and baby will stay on boat with gma. Not really worried about 9 & 14yr olds but would appreciate any feedback from those who had done this with under 1yr olds. Thank you for your help.

Hi there! We used nativway with Sharon, Eldon Chris and Andrew. We travelled in a group of 5 adults and 3 children ages 10, 5 and 1 year old. there was one other couple on the trip with us and they had a 2 year old son. We had a blast!!!! We took the one year old in the water. He loved it. He touched and kissed the rays...not afraid at all. Chris and Andrew were great./ We felt 1000% safe with them. They had life vests for all the kids but we had bought our own for the baby. He eventually wanted out of it so we took it off and just held him. The water is beautiful and clear and was only about waist deep...if that...Other boats there were super crowded. We had individual attention and really enjoyed ourselves. We had more than enough food to feed the rays and more than enough interaction with the rays..Chris made sure we handled the rays carefully and I cannot say enough great things about them...My 5 year old, at one point, had enough and just wanted to sit on the edge of the boat and he did just that and then got back in the water when he was ready! Nativway was a fantastic experience!!!!

We just got back today from our cruise. We took the Stingray Sailing tour and loved it. We sailed over on a double-hulled catamaran, which had to be the most relaxing way to get there. Captain Chip was awesome, as were the two crew members he had with them. Mike and Chip got in the water with us and made everyone, even the younger kids, feel very comfortable in the water with the rays. They were very knowledgeable about the rays and about marine life in general, and took great care to explain how to properly interact with the rays, not only for your safety but also not to stress or hurt the rays. Mike took one of the rays over to the boat for those who were not willing to get in the water but wanted to touch the ray or see it up close.

There were probably 8 other boats there at the same time, but we were the only group I saw that got to actually feed the rays. That was a lot of fun. After spendiing about a half-hour with the rays, we sailed over to the edge of the reef and did another half-hour of snorkeling. The tour lasted about 3 hours, which gave us some time in port as well. I would highly recommend Stingray Sailing.

Just got back saturday off Inspiration. We booked with Moby Dicks prior to departure online and saved at about $30 a person over the cruise excursion. The guys on the boat were great, smaller group, more personalized. My 17 year old really enjoyed the trip, it was the highlight of her cruise. I highly recommend this company.

Hi,

Me and my fiancee got back from GC a few weeks ago. We did the reef, rays and rum point excursion with native way. They were great! There was a family with 7 kids with us (total of 15 ppl) The kids were 4-14 years in age. Native guys were great. They let us roam the boat, went snorkeling with us. It was amazing, they know what they are talking about and seem to love their job (if you could call it that). Lunch is provided with the excursion. They also jumped in the water and caught a star fish for us to pose with. Really great and I would highly recommend them.

Archived