Jungle Rafting

MSKombeez

We've been to Dunns River and loved it. Looking for a new experience.

What can you tell us about Jungle Tubing? Is it worth it? Is it safe? Is it a better choice than sitting on the beach?

All opinions welcomed!

Thanks!

Is this the Jungle Tubing that you do on inner tubes down the White River? If so we just did that on the 6/21 sailing of FOS and LOVED it! We went as a group of 8 with 2 children in that group (7 & 11). It was perfect...calm and relaxing in some areas...quick water with small rapids in others...lots of fun. You end up in White River Valley for about half an hour for and it's beautiful there! It was a 3 1/2 trip total. I wanted to do the tubing excursion to Shaw Beach and the asst. excursion manager on RCCl told us not to do it because of the complaints they were getting back about the beach! Glad we listened...we had a blast!

The total trip as about 3 1/2 hours. We were probably on the river about and hour and a half. We were enjoying it so much it felt like time flew by. Once you're off the river you have about 30+ minutes at the White River Valley to hangout, enjoy a drink, look at the pictures they took of you and shop. We loved this trip because it was fun and relaxing.

FYI...if you book through RRCL they will tell you you MUST have water shoes. We didn't pack any so we bought them. Got to the tubes and our guides said we didn't need them. I had an old pair of sneakers that I used and that was fine. The only reason they came in handy was walking from the river back to the van to get our towels. If you are OK with going barefoot don't waste the money on shoes like we did!!!

I attached some pictures for you!!!!

STA73688.jpg.8d2978d180c4ca1e4203c0e1b65c2a31.jpg

P2520132.jpg.f06486a6a5ec0fe731d529c466fe2604.jpg

P1090120.jpg.45cba9ab22a4ac6892880fa5c05d3b1b.jpg

We've been to Dunns River and loved it. Looking for a new experience.

What can you tell us about Jungle Tubing? Is it worth it? Is it safe? Is it a better choice than sitting on the beach?

All opinions welcomed!

Thanks!

Just got back Sunday from our cruise and in Jamaica we did the jungle tubing in Montego Bay. We were on the Chukka river. Here you are in your own tube but then you have about 8 to 10 tubes tied together so you are like in one big raft. That part was dissapointing because I wanted to free float but it did make it relaxing since the guide did all the work rowing us through the whole thing. We were able to jump out and swim whenever we wanted and there was a part where we pulled over and you can do the rope swing into the water if you want. (Watch your rings one guy on our tour lost his wedding ring) Overall it was a fun time but I would rather we were not tied together. I believe that if you go on the one close to Ocho Rios on the White River you are free floating on your own tube and the rapids are much better. But we liked this one and it was only 3 1/2 hours so we had time after to go to Margaritaville and do a little shopping.

Archived