Victory~~Southern Carribean 6/21/09-6/28/09

missabbi

What a great cruise. It was my ninth cruise and by far my favorite. I wanted to write a nice review, but fractured my elbow 3 days ago. I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Can't wait to read it!! I hope your elbow gets better soon!! :)

Can't wait to read it!! I hope your elbow gets better soon!! :)

I won't be able to write a full review....typing with one hand. I will be happy to answer any and all questions though. :(

I have one question: What do you think about the back to back port days? Was it exhausting? I initially had this booked a couple of months ago and back out because I thought that it would be a little overwhelming... Which port did you like the best?

I have one question: What do you think about the back to back port days? Was it exhausting? I initially had this booked a couple of months ago and back out because I thought that it would be a little overwhelming... Which port did you like the best?

I loved stopping in port each day. I am normally a SEA DAYS girl, but my grown children picked this itinerary. We booked a few excursions thru Carnival, and the other days, we got off the ship, had a taxi take us to a local beach and then came back and shopped. ST THOMAS was my favorite port. We went to MEGANS BAY BEACH. It was beautiful. We had a blast at every port.

The nice thing about no sea days is there were always plenty of available chairs by the pool and the lines for food were fairly short.

Would love to hear what you did for excursions when you get a chance. I'm also sorry to hear about your arm. Hope you feel better soon.

I will find my itinerary and post what we did at each port. We got off the ship every day.

The food on the Victory was great each day...lido deck and dining room.

I am so sorry to hear about your cruise! Did you hurt it on the cruise?

This has been my favorite cruise in all of them I've done. Since there are ports every single day, I was tired by the 6th day, when we were in St. Kitts, but it was a beautiful place that I wanted to see so we just took a nap after dinner.

I am so sorry to hear about your cruise! Did you hurt it on the cruise?

Elbow ??

She likely did not as 3 days ago from July 4th would be July 1st and her cruise ended June 28th.

Still a bad incident to have right after getting home.

Missabby, Doing this cruise over Thanksgiving, 2nd time and looking forward to it again. We are booked at the OSJ Ho Jo pre cruise. I see where you hated it? Why?

The hotel is very run down and the furnishings seemed old and very used. It is only air-conditioned in the rooms and lobby...the other areas (stairs, hallways) are hot. The bathrooms in the rooms had no air-conditioning. My son had to change rooms 3 times because his ac wasn't working...they are unit ac's. The two young ladies at the front desk were rude when we checked in....if my rooms wouldn't have already been paid for, I would have walked out and gone to another hotel. The continental breakfast included cold bread and generic cereal...that was it. We walked down to the McDonald's and ate. The elevator barely holds two people and two pieces of luggage, it is very slow and very hot. My daughter wouldn't get back in it, and drug her suitcase down three floors of very dangerous steps to get to the lobby. Seriously, don't do it....find another place to stay. The only good thing about it was the location for sight seeing, but we still had to take a cab to the port.

Our Victory cruise is only 2 months away and I can't wait!

Describe all the beaches you went to and give as much detail as you can (with one hand!) :)

Thanks.

Megan's Bay was beautiful and my favorite port. We went to three other beaches (by cab) and I don't remember their names. One was the "black sand" beach, I believe in St. Kitts. Skip it, it's not a very nice beach and the bottom of the water was nothing but rocks, so we mainly stayed in our chairs. The other two I loved, but cannot think of them. They were included in a tour of the island that we picked up outside the terminal. You will love this itinerary. We had so much fun and the food was great every night! Skip the shows with just the Victory singers and dancers...they were not good at all. The other shows, especially the Legends show, were awesome.

Archived