What Does Your Room Look Like At End Of Cruise

These are some great post! My husband and I are usually traveling with our 2 children and our room is still clean, except the desk(catch all). Some rooms we walk by they look like a CSI crime scene and your wondering if the dead bodies are going to be brought out.;)

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]countdown.pl?name=Goodshiploli&date=10-31-2009&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Carnival Fascination[/url]

Another vote for a neat cabin....except for the bed.

We unpack...putting everything in its place and use one suitecase as the "dirty clothes hamper" during the cruise.

I do wish I that had taken a picture though of the cabin across from us on the Fantasy years ago. It was 4 kids ( 14-19) and the parents were up the hall.

Every time that door was open, it looked like they literally opened every suitcase....dumped the contents into the floor and then left the suitcases on top of them. You could not see one inch of the floor...you could not see the beds....I do not know how the cabin steward moved in there...much less cleaned. It was this way the entire cruise.

Ours looks the same at the end as the beginning. I unpack immediately when the suitcases arrive. As clothes get worn, I refold them and stack them on the bottom shelf of the closet. Then when we are ready to leave I open the closet and pack the dirty clothes. They are never seen during the week.

I even semi make the bed before leaving the room. My children haven't cruised but have had plenty of their own hotel rooms and keep them in the same condition, next year they will have 2 rooms of their own on the cruise and I'm not worried. If they trashed a room, it would be the last time they went and they know it.

I don't think I have a picture, sorry. But I try to unpack right away and keep as neat as possible. Not always easy because the last few cruises there are 4 of us in the room. Imagine all of the wet bathing suits!LOL.

I do try to keep the floors clean and the beds mostly made up for the stewards. This time we will have 2 rooms so it will be SOOO much easier accomplishing that task. Sometimes the counters are a little cluttered with things, but we try to be as neat as possible for those stewards that work so hard.

My rule about messy rooms and teens was they could keep their room anyway they wanted as long as they were the only people going in there.. All they had to do was close the door. No friends allowed. If you want friends in, you cleaned it up.

I would have the same rules on a cruise ship. The steward should not have to step over your dirty clothes and should not have to pick them up. If you were on vacation and did not wish to pick up after yourself.. than advise the steward you will not be needing his services for the length of the cruise.

Our's is clean too when we leave. I know the stewards have enough to do and I would never think of leaving them a "mess". When we are in the room, much as LHP described, we put everything in a drawer or the closet. The only difference is we use one of the chairs in the room to stack dirty clothes on during the week. That way, I know where they are and that they are dirty and can go in one suitcase as a whole. Sorry, OP. Maybe when I was 14 as others have noted, you might've gotten a different answer from me, in fact, I'm pretty sure of that. At 45 I don't like all that chaos, LOL.

I didn't think ours was that bad, we had a pile of dirty laundry against the wall under the window, "stuff" all over the desk, but everything else was pretty tidy. I'm one of the evil people who never makes a bed unless someone is going to see it, so I never make my own bed on the cruise.

~Kristie

Shipshape...:D

The rooms have plenty of storage space and for the 2 of us, it's perfect.

Everything has it's place. After we board, the carry-ons get dropped off in the room (most of the time we are definitely able to do this), then up to the Lido deck where we have the obligatory Welcome Aboard DOD and a cheeseburger (and other goodies).

Before muster drill we go to the room, and if our suitcases have arrived we hook up the speakers to the computer get the good tunes going and unpack.

Suitcases under the bed, formals hung, shoes neatly arranged and clothes either hung up or put in the drawers.

I always bring extra wire hangers, (the ones you get from the dry cleaners), as there is never enough hangers for us, and scented dryer sheets to put in the drawers so the clothes stay smelling fresh and not musty.

The room is always, always tidy and neat.

I too am shocked when we walk by rooms and they look like a tornado went thru them. :eek:

LOL we are a boring group, but our cabin stewards thank us!!

Our room looks the same (except for the bed of course) when we leave as when we arrived. The cabins are too small so we have to keep our mess to a minimum. We usually clean up each morning before heading out for the day and each evening before bed.

As soon as we get our luggage, I unpack and put everything in closet, drawers, etc, and stow luggage under the bed. As we "dirty" things up, I repack them. Not much work on last day. I try to keep things organized during the cruise, so cluter is not in the cabin stewards way.

Me Too!

I hate the mess and don't want the cabin steward to think we're slobs! I pick things up here at home, so I keep things picked up in the cabin. The stewards job is tough enough with all their duties, so why make it harder for them.

’m not such a picker upper at home. But there when I am a slob I am only making work for myself. I don’t like picking up after myself but I like someone picking up after me even less. I do allow my steward to make up the bed. We sort of just haphazardly make it. I really appreciate the nice job the steward does on the bed.

I’m not much of a bed maker at home. We generally don’t make the bed until we get home from work. When DH is away, more often than not I make the bed before I get into it.

Sorry, don't have one that's either scary (unless you consider there's a flying bat in the photo) or funny, but I did find one of my cabin after we returned to Port Everglades last February, and I was waiting for them to start calling debarkation numbers.

2291944520103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

Just curious, what type of cabin is this? Two windows but doesn't look like it has a balcony.

We don't do the housekeeping but we do keep everything put away. The cabins are too small for clutter everywhere. The only time it is messy is when we are running to the pool & leave clothes on the bed, mid day.

There is no picture on Carnival and no pictures on cruisestateroom.com.

Has anyone stayed in one? Are those room any different than a regular oceanview stateroom?

Dh and I have done 2 short cruises. This will be our first long one (well long to us 7 days) and first with kids. Kids age at the time will be 10, 9 and 3 yrs old. When I look on Carnival's website the family oceanview stateroom category is not even an option. So I don't know how expensive yet but the other ocean view is about $4K for 2 rooms. We also looked at suite and interior cross the hall which would be $5250. Boys would sleep there and our 3 yr old with us. The main thing I don't think we could go without a tub for a whole week for 3 yr old. Unless things change she HATES the shower. If all the pools are salt water then we are going to have to wash her after every swim.

If the family oceanview stateroom has a tub then that would be a good option.

Also looking for the perfect deck for room since elevators take forever. The family oceanview stateroom is on the spa deck which might be too high. I don't want the bottom decks I know that.

Any help?

Tammy

Just curious, what type of cabin is this? Two windows but doesn't look like it has a balcony.

I also would like to know what room that was???

Conquest-class cabin # 2465

(That one happens to be on Carnival Freedom)

There is no picture on Carnival and no pictures on cruisestateroom.com.

Has anyone stayed in one? Are those room any different than a regular oceanview stateroom?

Dh and I have done 2 short cruises. This will be our first long one (well long to us 7 days) and first with kids. Kids age at the time will be 10, 9 and 3 yrs old. When I look on Carnival's website the family oceanview stateroom category is not even an option. So I don't know how expensive yet but the other ocean view is about $4K for 2 rooms. We also looked at suite and interior cross the hall which would be $5250. Boys would sleep there and our 3 yr old with us. The main thing I don't think we could go without a tub for a whole week for 3 yr old. Unless things change she HATES the shower. If all the pools are salt water then we are going to have to wash her after every swim.

If the family oceanview stateroom has a tub then that would be a good option.

Also looking for the perfect deck for room since elevators take forever. The family oceanview stateroom is on the spa deck which might be too high. I don't want the bottom decks I know that.

Any help?

Tammy

Sorry I thought I started a new post UGH

The same as the begining.

Here's another Ditto for ya

My room is usually ankle-deep in tears at the end of the cruise. Why does it have to end? Why, why, why???

And a BIG ditto on this one too!

... half of the cabin is neat as a pin.... and the other half looks like a tsunami rolled through.

I am a neat-nik, whether I'm at home, on the road, or on a cruise. The thought of a towel on the floor makes me shudder, even though it isn't mine. The bed gets made as soon as I get up. My clothes are kept on hangers, or in dirty-clothes bags, or in a suitcase (neatly folded, of course!). Bathroom supplies stay in the medicine cabinet, or in a toiletry case.

My travel partner, on the other hand, is a professional slob. Five minutes after first entering the cabin (or hotel room), it will look like her suitcase has convulsively vomited every single item out onto the bed and surrounding floor and side tables. Instead of recycling a used towel, she tosses it on the floor, and her toiletries will cover every square inch of the bathroom countertop. (seeing her toothbrush lying out like that, exposed to god-knows-what, gives me the willies! :eek:) I must say that some of her clothes are more comfortable under bare feet than the carpet itself, lol.

I try to tidy up; she complains that she can't find anything. So now I just worry about "my" space, and I don't take my rose-colored glasses off until I get home. That way, we're both happy. ;)

The same as the begining.

Yeah, it is amazing how well we do at keeping our stateroom organized. This is especially amazing as I am a pack rat and file stuff by piling it.

Doc

Mine's the same.

I can't stand being surrounded by clutter and chaos. My things are stowed in drawers and the closet with nothing laying around. Wet towels are lightly folded and placed on the vanity in the bathroom or the toilet...hate them all over the floor.

My cabin is very neat....not much for the steward to do beyond the basics.

G'ma- this has nothing to do with this post, but i hope that you will be checking back on it... i just posted on the smoking balcony post on the RCI board that has been closed because of all the fighting back and forth, i posted a very nice peacful post about simply trying to negotiate with your neighbors and to politely try to work things out that would be beneficial to all concerned and your reply of BUTT OUT was very rude, i do not know you or have ever exchanged information or ideas with you before, and im not sure why you felt the need to be so rude, it was not deserved as i was not attacking anyone with my comments.it was simply a suggestion as to how everyone can get along- Perhaps you had a bad day and that is not your normal attitude, i hope so.. good day. RED

G'ma- this has nothing to do with this post, but i hope that you will be checking back on it... i just posted on the smoking balcony post on the RCI board that has been closed because of all the fighting back and forth, i posted a very nice peacful post about simply trying to negotiate with your neighbors and to politely try to work things out that would be beneficial to all concerned and your reply of BUTT OUT was very rude, i do not know you or have ever exchanged information or ideas with you before, and im not sure why you felt the need to be so rude, it was not deserved as i was not attacking anyone with my comments.it was simply a suggestion as to how everyone can get along- Perhaps you had a bad day and that is not your normal attitude, i hope so.. good day. RED

Huh?????

Archived