Just back from 6-28 freedom

sokz

ok..first off just wanted to say happy 4th of July to everyone!!!

A little background on me and my party before I start the review. I am 23 and I went with my gf who is almost 22. This cruise was a grad present for us as this past may I graduated from FAU and Tracie (my gf) will be as well in August. This was my 5th cruise, first w/carnival and Trace's 1st cruise. I have been to the carribbean 4 previous times on DCL,RCCL, and Celebrity. All were at different ages so the experiences were different of course. My last cruise was to Alaska on the Golden Princess about a year ago.

We live in south FL so I dont have anythng about planes, but I have a funny story about driving to the port....My gfs parents drove us to the port, about a 45 minute drive for us....we get to the first check point and her dad forgets his drivers liscence in the other car....every adult needs to have ID to enter the port..her dad had to wait outside the port at a streetlight corner for her mom to drop us off at the terminal and then come back out to get him..we held up traffic for a couple minutes..but it was a great way to start the vacation.

Embarkation wasnt long..waited about 30-45 minutes to get to the registration counter to get our S and S cards etc. We just had a couple of heavy carry-ons with us so it made it a little meh to wait..walked right on the ship after that and went up to the room.

ok..We had a interior stateroom on the 8th deck room 8-209. Never had one before as I always had a balcony or window. I really had no complaints about the room except that if you dont set an alarm, you will sleep in cause there is no natural light to wake you up. We slept in till 10:30 one day and didnt even know that it was that time when we woke up..lol

Walked up to lido and over to the freedom restaraunt looked at everything and settled on the fish and chips and Trace had the seafood onion fritter thingy....very good...a must if you like fish and chips.

Muster went as usual..cramped, long and boring...rained a little during sail away so we sat in the buffet by a window and watched..while eating chicken fingers..again very good =)

Dinner in the Posh was good..JR from Jamiaca was our waitor and we loved him...really friendly and called us by name whenever we saw him around the ship..which was a lot. We had the late seating..more on that later...

Well if someone can walk me through how to put pics up I will...I tried and it said something bout a URL address..i no no..oh well....Key West later

testing pics..this was our room

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Cruise photos\Cruise\Sea Day 1\IMG_4998.JPG

ok this didnt work..some help please!!

When I was having trouble .. someone suggested posting them on photo bucket first.. which I did and that worked..dont feel bad I take lots of pix and post them on lots of sites and this one causes me problems...

Hey sokz! You're off to an awesome start! We'll be on the Freedom in about 111 days, seems sooooo far away.

When I did my review of the Triumph in November, I had to post my pictures to a host site first. I used webshots, but there are others (snapfish, photobucket, etc.). Once your pictures are posted, you just use the url generated and post that. I found it easiest to open two windows, one with your picture site, and one with CC. It takes time, but the end result is worth it! Good luck! Keep it coming!

The next morning was our stop in Key West. It was odd that although Trace and I are native Floridians, we have never been to the keys, so this was a nice plus for us.

Walked out around 8 in the morning and the weather was great not too hot or anything..camera was a bit foggy but I liked this picture..

IMG_4775.jpg

We did not book an excursion..actually we didnt have any for any of the ports we just got off the ship and walked around which was great for us. We walked past the art museum with all the sculptures and headed for Mallory Square and Kino Sandals.

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

Of course they had double the womens sandals than mens so Trace bought some for her family and I kinda lingered around..very hot store no A/C.

We then headed towards Duval as our plan was to walk down Duval to the beach and then over to the southernmost point thing. Stoppede at the Hogs Breath to take some pics, this was around 10 in the morning so it wasnt really that active or anything yet.

IMG_4797.jpg

We walked the mile and whatever down Duval passing the bars and such at that moment..it was still before 12..it was interestinmg to note that it seemed that all of the main bars and restaraunts were more toeards the north end of Duval with some more well known stores(Express, Banana Rep., Claires, etc.) and then more bed and breakfast type places toward the south end of the street.

Duval dead ends at a beach and pier and it seemed like everything in that area was jumping on the "Southermost this and that" bandwagon. Took some vid and pics and headed towards the line..yes the line to get your picture taken at the southernmost point thing.

IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

It was about 96 degrees at this time and we decided to take a bike taxi thing about half way up Duval instead of walking back the mile. Stopped at Fat Tuesday and got some frozen drinks in take home cups that came in handy later because i used it on the ship for some in-room smuggled rum and cokes :D.

We ate lunch at a place called he Hawaiian Burger somethin..it was next to the the Hard Rock and another bar..it was really good..I had a bacon burger w/ a fried egg on it.

IMG_4865.jpg

After that it was a lazy walk back to the ship. we stopped in some bars to take pictures..it was around 1:30 now so they were a little more active, and we did some shopping. We passed some of the bar crawls excursions and we were planning on doing this, but the groups that we passed looked like they had about 50 people each in them and they were headed towards Ricks and Sloppy Joes it looked like, each that were already packed with people when we walked by so I dont know where they went in the bars. Im sure the people on the tour had a great time..it just looked a little crowded for me.

Tried some key lime pie for the first time..it was ok then got back on the ship with about a couple of hours to spare..

few other pics from the day..

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

sea day and pics of ship interior later..thanks for reading

ok..first off just wanted to say happy 4th of July to everyone!!!

A little background on me and my party before I start the review. I am 23 and I went with my gf who is almost 22. This cruise was a grad present for us as this past may I graduated from FAU and Tracie (my gf) will be as well in August. This was my 5th cruise, first w/carnival and Trace's 1st cruise. I have been to the carribbean 4 previous times on DCL,RCCL, and Celebrity. All were at different ages so the experiences were different of course. My last cruise was to Alaska on the Golden Princess about a year ago.

We live in south FL so I dont have anythng about planes, but I have a funny story about driving to the port....My gfs parents drove us to the port, about a 45 minute drive for us....we get to the first check point and her dad forgets his drivers liscence in the other car....every adult needs to have ID to enter the port..her dad had to wait outside the port at a streetlight corner for her mom to drop us off at the terminal and then come back out to get him..we held up traffic for a couple minutes..but it was a great way to start the vacation.

Embarkation wasnt long..waited about 30-45 minutes to get to the registration counter to get our S and S cards etc. We just had a couple of heavy carry-ons with us so it made it a little meh to wait..walked right on the ship after that and went up to the room.

ok..We had a interior stateroom on the 8th deck room 8-209. Never had one before as I always had a balcony or window. I really had no complaints about the room except that if you dont set an alarm, you will sleep in cause there is no natural light to wake you up. We slept in till 10:30 one day and didnt even know that it was that time when we woke up..lol

Walked up to lido and over to the freedom restaraunt looked at everything and settled on the fish and chips and Trace had the seafood onion fritter thingy....very good...a must if you like fish and chips.

Muster went as usual..cramped, long and boring...rained a little during sail away so we sat in the buffet by a window and watched..while eating chicken fingers..again very good =)

Dinner in the Posh was good..JR from Jamiaca was our waitor and we loved him...really friendly and called us by name whenever we saw him around the ship..which was a lot. We had the late seating..more on that later...

Well if someone can walk me through how to put pics up I will...I tried and it said something bout a URL address..i no no..oh well....Key West later

We are on the Freedom on the 18th of this month. What time did you arrive at the port and was it very crowded? We are trying to figure out the best time to arrive.

Thanks

What did you think of the Freedom? Any more 'inside' shots?

Compared to the other ships I have been on the Freedom is designed more as a fun ship to be on. I was on the Golden Princess a year ago and compared to that ship the Freedom was less elegant I would say. For instance the princess ship had classical music playing in the hallways where the staterooms were. No music on the Freedom.

Ill be posting some inside shots later...thanks for reading...

We are on the Freedom on the 18th of this month. What time did you arrive at the port and was it very crowded? We are trying to figure out the best time to arrive.

Thanks

we got to the terminal around 11:30 AM..most waiting was where the registration was...we were on the ship by 1.

Thanks for reading..

Fellow passenger. Your pictures are beautiful!

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm trying to post where I can...we came up missing a digital camera on our trip. We are fairly confident my daughter left in the terminal in the area where Group 1 waited or in the Lido buffet area prior to getting into our rooms. If anyone found it, please post. Thanks so much!

Archived