Back from Galaxy random thoughts

mikishel

Ok, I’ll go first. Got back yesterday. Had a wonderful time. I don’t have the inclination for a full, organized, well-thought-out review. Just a few random thoughts:

It started out bad. The room was so noisy! Midship Continental deck (4092) right next to the engine room, I guess. Thought I would get used to it. DH had spent over 10 years on navy ships and it was too noisy for him too. By day 5 at 4:00 a.m. I could no longer take it. Went to Guest Relations in my bathrobe and got a new room (4035 a nice quiet room). Idiot me, should have done it on the first day. This was the first time with an inside room on Celebrity, but I don’t think it would have mattered. The hallway in that area was noisy also, so I would image the outside cabins were noisy too. The girl at Guest Relations said Celebrity warns the TAs about these rooms.

I’m not a picky person, and the food, as usual, was fine as well as the entertainment. One show, however, was terrible. The country singer gal who has the show in Branson. Though I’m from California, I love country music, but she was pretty bad IMO, and judging by the audience response, I don’t think I was alone in my opinion. Also one production show from the singers and dancers, “B” was not very good either. Only one singer, one of the gals, was good on that night. Was it an off day for them? All the other shows were very good. Really liked Bob Arno the pick pocket. Who would’ve thought a show starring a pickpocket would be so funny? Also very informative.

I really liked John Challenger, the CD. A very down-to-earth and funny guy. Excellent Activity Staff as well, especially Neal from the UK - he was hilarious! Don’t miss the “Liars Club.” It will have you in stitches.

I enjoyed the “Life at Sea” meeting - very interesting. CD, assistant CD and Hotel Manager answered questions from the audience. A real eye-opener.

In the changing room at the AquaSpa is a form for a silent auction for their services. I put in a bid for a one-hour massage. Normal price $120, I bid $60 and they accepted it. Wonderful massage with no pressure what-so-ever to buy any products.

Ok that’s enough, I guess. I really did have a wonderful time, in spite of the earthquake and missing out on Ocho Rios.

I don’t think it is permanent. They said the pier had not been repaired from the damage caused by the hurricane. Later I heard another story as to why we didn’t go to Mobay. So I really don’t know what the real story is.

Archived