CURRENT CD's - ALL SHIPS

sea_u_onboard

I remember from my wanderings here, that the Captain and CD on the Legend were different from last year, so I just looked. There was a post looking for the menu, and someone (I think neverenoughcruising) posted that and the Capers from the 1/22/05 sailing. It stated Captain Orazio D'Aita and CD Chris Jefferson. When I return this year, I can let you know for sure, not much longer!

I'm with YOU Love Bug family. I wish they would have announced this MUCH farther out (or have they announced it at all?? My TA didnt know). Greg is part of the reason we booked the PRIDE and now we will be walking ON the PRIDE while Greg is walking off.......without knowing WHO they are scraping up for our cruise as the CD???? grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

The Cruise Director on the Holiday is Greg Hutson. We actually cruised with him on the Fascination as well. Fantastic! Looks just like Jessica Simpson's husband, and is very friendly. He told us he leaves the Holiday on March 5th and Steve Cassel will be replacing him. I must say, after 2 cruises with Greg, I don't know that I want to sail with another one! He's very approachable and seems to enjoy spending time with guests; very poised on stage also. He remembered us from our last cruise! He's an American (Cincinnati, I think) and in his mid twenties.
Hope this helps!:)

[quote name='The Love Bug Family']Still waiting to hear who will be on the Pride after Kneale leaves... please help in this matter[/QUOTE]

Well, Greg Kneale has a posting on these forums as of last night. He says his heartfelt goodbyes :( and also states that "for now" Steve Kninsley (SP?) will be replacing him as of March 13th (my sailing).

So, you can probably update your listing for the PRIDE now.

Does anyone know anything about Risa Barnes or the captain of Celebration? And if the Celebration is having so many troubles, is this a reflection of the ship, the captain, CD, or Carnival? You all seem to be very travelled cruisers and I am just looking for some info. My first cruise and I don't want it to be a waste (of course I know, a week in the Bahamas that was terrible would have to be better than a good week at work!)

• 3 weeks later...
Celebration: Risa
Conquest: Todd Wittmer (coming soon)
Destiny: Jorge Solano or Marahscalh Stanton
Ecstasy: Larry Garlutzo
Elation: Chris Roberts
Fantasy: Matt Goodwin
Fascination: Matt Ross
Glory: Carlo - until John Heald returns (?)
Holiday: Steve Cassel
Imagination: Rebecca Llewelyn
Inspiration: Lenny Halliday
Legend: Chris Jefferson
Liberty John Heald starting in July
Miracle: Mark Hawkins
Paradise
Pride: Steve Kninsley
Sensation: Shawn Bussey
Spirit: Michael Mullane and his wife Jeni
Triumph: Mark Price
Valor: Josh
Victory: Dana ~~~

Todd Wittmer has started on the Conquest. I think his first sail date was 2/20/05. We sailed on the Conquest on 2/27/05 and found him to be a wonderful cruise director...and he was really blending in well with all of the other "staff" already.

Michael Melany and his wife Jenni were on our cruise when we sailed the Pride a few years ago. I was wondering where they went! They were hillarius! We loved going to the talks just to listen to their accents ;-)

• 1 month later...
Steve Cassel's on the [i]Holiday[/i] now? Wow, that's a 180 from seeing him on the [i]Conquest[/i] last fall. My friends' wives will be heartbroken to hear that Troy Linton has moved on (on the [i]Pride[/i], they were like his groupies--scary), and Corey Schmidt must be gone, too. John Heald's an institution--it's 10 years later, and my mother is still talking about John's "bedtime story" on the [i]Imagination[/i]! :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='dad son team']Trevor Block was on the Paradise about 3 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

We had Trevor Block on the Celebration a few years ago and we really enjoyed him. Just returned from Elation and Jorge Solano is the CD.

[quote name='sea_u_onboard']Celebration: Risa
Conquest: Todd Wittmer (coming soon)
Destiny: Jorge Solano or Marahscalh Stanton
Ecstasy: Larry Garlutzo
Elation: Chris Roberts
Fantasy: Matt Goodwin
Fascination: Matt Ross
Glory: Carlo - until John Heald returns (?)
Holiday: Steve Cassel
Imagination: Rebecca Llewelyn
Inspiration: Lenny Halliday
Legend: Chris Jefferson
Liberty John Heald starting in July
Miracle: Mark Hawkins
Paradise
Pride: Steve Kninsley
Sensation: Shawn Bussey
Spirit: Michael Mullane and his wife Jeni
Triumph: Mark Price
Valor: Josh