Entertainment/Shows on the Freedom???

mtnprotracy

A few more questions....

1. Generally, what types of family entertainment/shows are there on the Freedom? We sail July 12th. Our 10 year old autistic son LOVES music...do they traditionally have any musical-type shows? Seems like I read about a Beetles show in one of the thousands of threads/replies I've been reading:)!

2. Are there shows pretty much every night?

3. Does Carnival show first-run movies? Our older boys were hoping to see Harry Potter at sea...since it opens when we're at sea. We sailed Disney a few years ago, and they were able to watch Narnia on opening night.

Thanks for all your help....I'm sure I'll have more questions before we sail:D!!

Tracy in NC

It has been a while since we cruised, but there are usually 2 "main" shows (unless it has changed) in the main show lounge... One of them is a "welcome aboard" show that seems to be the same on every sailing (again, it's been a while, they may have changed this)... The other show is the main event though. I have seen the Beatles show and a couple other different ones. They are usually very good. I think your son will like it. It can be pretty loud and crowded both in the theater and in the lounges, so you may want to see how he does (in case it makes him nervous)... There is a cover band that usually plays in one of the lounges, and there is karaoke in a lounge some nights also. There is "Caribbean" music playing on the Lido deck throught the day. I think he will like it if he likes music. I think generally, there is something every night... be it a main show, karaoke, or a cover band.

The huge outdoor screen is on the Freedom, but I am not sure about the movies.. When we sailed the Liberty, we watched football out there (it was the Rose Bowl), but never watched the movies they played...

Again, they may have changed a few things, but that was my experience anyway...

Hope you all have a great cruise!!!

;)

A few more questions....

1. Generally, what types of family entertainment/shows are there on the Freedom? We sail July 12th. Our 10 year old autistic son LOVES music...do they traditionally have any musical-type shows? Seems like I read about a Beetles show in one of the thousands of threads/replies I've been reading:)!

2. Are there shows pretty much every night?

3. Does Carnival show first-run movies? Our older boys were hoping to see Harry Potter at sea...since it opens when we're at sea. We sailed Disney a few years ago, and they were able to watch Narnia on opening night.

Thanks for all your help....I'm sure I'll have more questions before we sail:D!!

Tracy in NC

My wife and I just got off the Freedom, and let me say, you are in for a treat, as John Heald will be your cruise director. He is by far the best cruise director we have ever had. Go to every show you can that he is at, which will include the Welcome Aboard show, and the talent show. Do not miss the talent show, he does a "bedtime story", which involves lots of audience participation, and will have you rolling on the floor. He also did the Welcome Aboard show by himself and it was a blast. He is so funny and quick witted.

There were two production shows, a Mardi Gras, New Orleans themed show and a Beatles show. Didn't go to either one, but have seen the Beatles show and it is very good. They show a couple of movies each night on the Seaside Theater, most were new releases to video, but no movies currently in the theaters. It is nice to watch a movie under the stars.

The last night they had a hyponotist for the main show, and he was very good and funny. Another show involved some Sinatra style singing (very good) and a comedian. The entertainment is very good, and like I said, John Heald is the best cruise director there is. If you need anything, let him know, and he will take care of it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Archived