Our Alaska Adventure - B2B on the Diamond Princess (long)

karatemom2

Thanks for your all the information about your trip. It was very informative. I'm interested in your second day in Ketchikan. I like the idea of renting a car and getting out of town to see some of the scenery. How long of a drive was it to Herring Bay from Ketichikan? Did you have a map with you, if so, where did you get it.

Thanks for your all the information about your trip. It was very informative. I'm interested in your second day in Ketchikan. I like the idea of renting a car and getting out of town to see some of the scenery. How long of a drive was it to Herring Bay from Ketichikan? Did you have a map with you, if so, where did you get it.

The drive from Ketchikan to Herring Bay was about 15 minutes. It is just a short way past Saxman Village. Here is a link to the map we used for guidance. You can see there is really just one main road that runs each direction so it's very easy to get around.

http://www.visit-ketchikan.com/Portals/0/Maps/AreaMap.pdf

I had heard this too so I was very specific about the pick up time when I reserved the car. We were booked to pick it up at 9 a.m. and she assured me they hold the car for an hour beyond your reservation time at which time if you haven't picked it up they can rent it to someone else. We got there around 9:20 a.m. and it was nice because there was only one person in line in front of us at that point.

Glad I didn't see this before we left. We reserved our car for 8am and picked it up around 11am. We had our choice of full size cars & no one in front of us. It was so nice to sleep in & chill out and not need to be anywhere by a certain time. This was early July with that spectacular warm weather. Such a pretty drive. Emerald Lake is breathtaking.

Archived